Ladies Of London, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
i can't believe it! perfict work!
cool

03 March 2005
Amazing! Your ability to render real-like faces without using direct photo reference is really astonishing. Congratulations.

03 March 2005
Linda Linda Linda Linda.......... what should i say.....???? U ROCKK !! YOUR WORK IS JUST OUT OF THE WORLD....keep it up !! u inspired me all the times...Thanx !! I adore u

03 March 2005
i'm in love

03 March 2005
Garma -- Stopped smoking, huh? What's up with your title, then? ;] Personally, I sort of think the girl on the right is too 'cute'. I really don't like the sugar-sweet type of appearance, I far prefer the devil I see in Caramelle's eyes, if that makes any sense. And thank you so much :D

Maharadjah -- Wow, thank you. *blushes*

Deaderthanred -- Thanks :] The lace is my personal pride and joy with both of the pictures: took me forever. It's dangerous to combine such little details with being a perfectionist. I'd love to answer your question but I honestly don't know what 'PnP' means, ha ha.

AHMED-3D -- Thank you :D

Reven -- Thanks :] Send me a link when you've done the 3D piece, I'd love to see.

Gordonm -- Aw, thank you, Gord :D

ms@zx -- Thanks :) Heheh, I'll just have to build a machine that can create her, and then send her your way, eh?

hy-dong -- er... I don't get your post.

nacho_grande -- Thanks <3

tonyjyothis -- Thank you :] I wish I had even more patience, though. I tend to get intensely focused on one part of a painting and then work on it like a madwoman... and by the time I reach other, less interesting parts, I don't want to continue on the piece. Sort of frustrating.

Fusion -- Thanks :] The book will hopefully be due this summer, I'm not making any promises yet though.

Daroita -- Aw, thank you. I promise, I make a very poor idol though. Idols are supposed to be, well, 'perfect' I suppose and I'm a pretty imperfect person, ha ha.

Wonlife -- thanks :]

Satanatron -- A friend of mine said the same thing (about Shannon Doherty). I didn't see it at all before he pointed it out and now I keep seeing her whenever I look at the picture: very annoying, heheh. But Shannon never looked so innocent, did she? Thank you :]

Einar -- Thank you :} As for the Sound of Happiness piece... it's weird, but it's one of the few paintings I've done lately that I feel personally satisfied with, even though it's just a sketch. I'm glad you like it.

inky2 -- Thanks :] My 'themes' in painting are usually focused around fantasy/fairytales. It's what I find intriguing and it's what I like to paint - I just tend to get bored really quickly with other subjects, if that makes any sense. Painting pretty ladies isn't all that I do, though ;]

Pufferfish -- Thanks :] I like Madame Caramelle more, too. She has more personality to her, I suppose - Josephina just feels like a typical pretty, innocent face, heh. I'm glad you think they're fitting to the theme - you get one guess as to what Madame Caramelle's profession is? ;]

YahikoYamazaki -- Thank you :] And yeah, it does get blurry. It's typical of me, I spent so much time on the lace around the neck and the chest and the shoulders, that when I got to the rest of the dress I was sick and tired of painting little frills and stuff... and just splotched the rest of it in and made a run for it... hoping no one would notice, heheh.

Kyena -- aw, thanks sweetie. I'd love to see your picture... any chance of a preview?

Amida -- Thank you :] And yeah, backgrounds would probably be cool... it's just that I can't bring myself to even trying at this point. I'm so afraid of losing the detail of the feathers and the lace, you know?

geronimo_x -- heheh, thanks. I'd rather be a magician though, can I, pleaaase? I want to cast pretty little spells and be able to fly! :D

ANARKY -- thank you <3

CLONEOPS -- Oj, thank you kindly, that was a very sweet compliment.

ange_varma -- aw, thank you. I did spend quite a lot of time working on the hand. I wanted it to look really delicate and graceful, in contrast with the short and less than fancy cigarette (opting for not using a cigarette holder, which is what a 'real' lady would've been using at that time in history)

microcky -- Thank you :}

andreasrocha -- Thanks :) I only painted portraits for years, and years, and years... I just wish my skills at painting other things could reach the same level :/ it's so hard, you know, when faces is the only thing that I find really 'fun' to paint if that makes any sense.

Shyamshriram -- Oh my goodness, such a lot of love in that post! *giggles and hugs* Thank you for your kind compliments.

Mysterious X -- Aw, *patpat* If I get around to making that machine that'll make these two ladies into actual real people... I'll be sure to send you a couple of copies, ha ha.

It just occurred to me, Lady Caramelle would look pretty neat in 3D, I think. Anyone care to give it a shot? :D

03 March 2005
Reeeally beautiful work... and reeeeally beautiful women. I always know i'm going to see something wonderful when i open up one of your threads.

Thanks for the close ups too. It's great to see the brush marks and the detail.

03 March 2005
excellent! nature and innature with a ton music invisible

but to my eyes they are not on same level or - the left image is more strong, and for the left the shadow of her hat make me a bit nerveu(not enough confort) - a background flat tell more things,,

just a word personnal

03 March 2005
If there is a picturized dictionary to tell the meaning of words with only pictures, Josephina would etymologically mean "Beauty"

best,
ashakarc

03 March 2005
wow, like your previous work...just awesome.
so much charme!
i am looking forward to your next ones
+5

03 March 2005
Oh ! That is so beautiful and lovely looking
Im a big fan !

03 March 2005
Loveley work, fantastic colour selection and skin tones.
Can't get enough of your work lately.

03 March 2005
Really great work. Just 2 crits: you mentioned the ladies were representative of the end of the 18th century. That would be around 1799. Your costumes are more indicative of undergarments of parisian woman and hats of the men from the end of the 19th century, roughly 1899. Also, filters on cigarettes were not added until around World War II, so the one that is smoking is anachronistic. Other than that, very nicely done.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla: Garma -- Stopped smoking, huh? What's up with your title, then? ;] Personally, I sort of think the girl on the right is too 'cute'. I really don't like the sugar-sweet type of appearance, I far prefer the devil I see in Caramelle's eyes, if that makes any sense. And thank you so much

right. gotcha. took care of that, thanks

I sort of got a feeling that you didn't really like the sugar types with all the blood and vampire teeth in your recent scetches I'm just happy you can do both

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla: Deaderthanred -- Thanks :] The lace is my personal pride and joy with both of the pictures: took me forever. It's dangerous to combine such little details with being a perfectionist. I'd love to answer your question but I honestly don't know what 'PnP' means, ha ha.

PnP is "pen and paper" just if this is going to be published, I'd like to be on the lookout for it.
Replying to this thread got me enraptured again. I can spend hours staring at your paintings!

03 March 2005
Duddlebug -- wow, thanks. I love the monkey girl by the way. Awesome character.

Sooocool - Thank you

Ashakarc -- Aw, thanks. Yes, she is rather pretty, I suppose. Cute little freckles and all :} Glad you like her!

Frameless -- thanks! <3

Thewipe -- Aw, thank you :]

Stripe -- Thanks :] I've been practicing skin tones so much lately, it's always wonderful to hear that someone likes the result of all my hard work.

FitArtistSF -- Heheh, thanks for spotting my inconsistencies. One is a simple matter of me getting confused. In Sweden, we say 'slutet p artonhundratalet', ('the end of the eighteenhundreds') when we mean 'the end of the nineteenth century'. I sometimes mess up and write the wrong thing (initial post corrected). The second is... well, I know the cigarettes didn't look like that back then, but little details like that will likely not matter to neither me nor the guys and gals I'll be playing with (mainly as the storyline itself will be, well... we'll have actual historical characters (Jack the Ripper, Oscar Wilde, for instance) mingled in with literary characters that haven't existed at all (Lord Henry, Frankenstein, etc). Nicely spotted, though Thanks!

Garma -- Heheh ;] Well, I like cute well enough. It's not like bloody and grisly is my only liking in this world - I just find super-cute without an edge to get a little boring after a while. I suppose I've painted too many adorable fairy pictures to be printed on tees, and other cute angelic things that, well, it sort of makes me freak out. *giggle*

Deaderthanred -- yesss... it's pen and paper, but no, it won't be published. It's just for my own (and my friends'!) enjoyment. I've not played rpg since several years back and I thought it would be fun to pick it up again, this time not in my Furiae world (the fantasy world that all my fae and elves and such belong to), but in Victorian London instead. Heeh, you can always come join us!

Thread Closed share thread