Ladies Of London, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Super-duper
Pure Perfection...
Deserves Expose frontpage ...

03 March 2005
Smile !incredible!

Im quite new to this, but ive looked at your site longer than any other, admired your paintings more than any other and these paintings are my favourite of yours!! everything about them is spot on, and i agree with the prettiest face! shes amazing! no more words...cant speak.... just wanna look!

great work

i wanna paint like u one day

03 March 2005
Good gracious! Your character work is somehow steadily improving, if that's physically possible. When are you coming back to the DSG?

Particularly impressive is the lacework you've done. As always, more tutorials from you would be a godsend.

The intrigued look on the smoking lady is captivating.

EDIT: Forgot to ask... are you going to add londonesque backgrounds to these, or do you think that would distract from the overall mood of the pieces? Just curious. The impact of the characters alone is enough to project an incredible vibe.

Last edited by erilaz : 03 March 2005 at 11:30 PM.

03 March 2005
EscaflowneLY -- Darn, English not being my first language thwarts me again! I didn't have the slightest clue of what 'naevus' was until I looked it up. *ashamed* Thank you kindly, though! I've been working a little on skin textures lately.

sphere -- Thanks :] I wanted them to be enrapturing. The third gal I want to draw isn't proving very cooperative, though. She's a blonde, and has a much sterner look to her - I suck at painting blonde hair to begin with... it's turning out to be sooo hard. As for the little black thingies in the hat - don't ask me. That's one of those things I decided to take artistic license on: I just thought it looked neat.

Psan -- aw, thank you <3 ( I didn't submit anything to Exposé this year :( All my best work is for my own book, can't show it yet, wail!)

Dannyniccy -- Wow, I'm flattered :] And, hey, I'm sure you can. It's just a matter of a lot of training. I've got a looong way to go, myself.

erilaz -- heeh, a fellow DSG artist! If you look in the 'happy sound' thread back there, I've already rejoined you guys! *grin* Thank you tons, and... well, no. I won't add any backgrounds to any of the portraits for the campaign: mainly because they're supposed to be only character portraits and the mood of London will be more than darkly submitted by the way I'm going to tell the story. Heeh, my poor player group *rubs hands*

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla: As for the little black thingies in the hat - don't ask me. That's one of those things I decided to take artistic license on: I just thought it looked neat.

Yep, it does look neat! I think it helps with balancing out the image in that corner anyway. I can't stop looking at them, lol. The one on the right looks familiar.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla:

erilaz -- heeh, a fellow DSG artist! If you look in the 'happy sound' thread back there, I've already rejoined you guys! *grin* Thank you tons, and... well, no. I won't add any backgrounds to any of the portraits for the campaign: mainly because they're supposed to be only character portraits and the mood of London will be more than darkly submitted by the way I'm going to tell the story. Heeh, my poor player group *rubs hands*

Hey, I missed that sketch! I'll get right on it! I figured you wouldn't do the background thing, since the characters embody the london essence anyway. As I said, just curious.

03 March 2005
good grief girl, you did it again. I have to admit I like the right girl more than the left. Although she has a pretty face, I don't really like her make up. her dress is perfect, although that also goes for the right girl. I like the innocence and divine look of the right one. the close up of her face got me stunned.

also the left girl smokes. I just quit.

Last edited by Garma : 03 March 2005 at 12:21 AM.

03 March 2005
this is wonderfull !! the best pieces of art i've seen here i think ..

got feelings like when i see à Goya painting ..

i was already very impressed by your daily sketches but this is masterpieces

cheers

maha

03 March 2005
sweeet work!! I especially loved how you did the laces!!
just curious: is this a PnP rpg?
now, if only there was a way I can get an email notification whenever you upload new art..

03 March 2005
Great work linda

03 March 2005
thanks for the inspiration...just today i was thinking of adding a similar image to a 3d project that i am designing and had found a photo that worked as reference...won't be as detailed but will have a similar style///thanks

03 March 2005
Delicate, powerful, precise, beautifully concieved. The level of mastery in your work, is as always breathtaking.

- Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

03 March 2005
your stuff never seize to impress me.
i'm in love with the gal on the left~~

Last edited by ms@zx : 03 March 2005 at 04:12 AM.

03 March 2005
Cool ub~~~correct~~~!

03 March 2005
Both are amazing images. There is no critics to say about them actually

Thread Closed share thread