Monkey Girl, Jonny Duddle (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
WoW... My views have more than doubled since going front page!!

And thanks to everyone who's posted. Y'all have said some real nice stuff...

pum: Ta muchly!

Squibbit: Cheers... and thanks for dropping by my comic strip page!! Maybe see you in the next challenge...?

Dutchman: Thanks matey!!

Arden_rey: Hahaha... cheers... if i ever get to make 'Monkey Girl: the Movie' i'll call you up and see if you wanna do some sound effects!

BadCRC, CuTnPaste: Thanks! (and those gorillaz videos are pretty cool)

DANKA: Thanks a lot... glad you liked my site. I've got a bunch of updates to do over the next few days. Just gotta find time with all the DiY i'm doing ready for the baby!!

dmonk: Thanks... i'll make sure i keep with the monkeys then. It'd be great to work this up into a graphic novel. I've got a whole story going on in my head. It's just tricky fitting that kind of workload around a full time job. Especially with other personal projects on the go... But there will be some more Monkey Girl stuff coming soon.

03 March 2005
hope she gets away!!

love this piece cheeky and cheerful yet dark and slightly scary at the same time.

03 March 2005
Wonderfull! The baboons remind me of the monsters in Heart of Darkness. =P

03 March 2005
I like...............

It's awesome.. I don't know if I will ever be able to paint something like this...

I like this kind of ................

03 March 2005
Thumbs up Excellent

Great Work

Sridhar A
www.sridhar.devisland.net

03 March 2005
Awsome stuff!

I did have alot of trouble trying to figure out what that big furry thing on top of the bus was.

Furry luggage?
Chewbacca?
some sort of dog...thing?
a big coat?

then I got it.

03 March 2005
Really nice. I love the concept and characters. I will look foreward to the work in progress. I also enjoyed all the monkey girl pics on your site.

Last edited by Wilson-3d : 03 March 2005 at 02:42 PM.

03 March 2005
Fantastic. It's too small really to study it. Not your fault. What is the actual size? One detail that does come through well is the paint job on the Volkswagens.

03 March 2005
Thanks again to ya'll... ghosty9, Kriffe (you're the second person to say that... i'll have to look them up), yolk, sri...

Ephesus... glad to get oyu intrigued!! So now you know it's Big Furry Dog Wookie Luggage. With fists.

Wilson 3D... thanks... i need to get this and the WiP images on my site too... soon!!

seger: There's a link to a high resolution image too. It's h*u*g*e... And you'll be able to see just how rough and ready the marks are!! This was proper bishbashbosh but was the look i was going for!!

Right... gotta get a picture finished at my proper work!!!

Thanks again everybody...

03 March 2005
Yeah baby! I am glad to see your machineflesh characters make a come back

Great job!

03 March 2005
Talking cool stuff

Hey Johnny

Awesome work fella, one of your best pieces so far , I think your colour works really coming on in leaps and bounds.

StuJ

http://www.stuartjennett.com

03 March 2005
Hey Johnny thats hilarious! thanks for showing us your step by step ...i learn a lot .

03 March 2005
Thanks AirbORn... I couldn't let her rot in my planchest... had to do some more Monkey Girl.

Thanks Thewipe! I'll be putting a more 'in-depth' step-by-step on my site sometime over the next week... i'll post a link here when it's done.

Hiya Stu!! How's it going? How's stuff in Cheadle?? Glad you liked the picture. I've been doing quite a bit of colour stuff in the day job with Photoshop and Painter, so it's all good practice for this stuff even if it's a very different style... Say 'Hello there' to everyone (Rick, Iain, Hom, Nick, Acko, MArcus, Steve etc...)... sniff... i miss you guys...

Last edited by duddlebug : 03 March 2005 at 04:24 PM.

03 March 2005
I really like this image, and there about a gazillion on your site that I absolutely love! I might have actually gone through all of them on your site, which really doesn't happen too often.

You've got a great balance of pathos and graphic design that's really rare to come by.

Great stuff!

03 March 2005
Really great stuff Jonny. Would be so interesting to see this fleshed out with a full story.

Congratulations about the bun in the oven

www.mikaelpersson.se

Thread Closed share thread