Monkey Girl, Jonny Duddle (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2005   #1
Monkey Girl, Jonny Duddle (2D)

Title: Monkey Girl
Name: Jonny Duddle
Software: Photoshop

"Gotta get away from those pesky baboons!!"
Monkey girl is on the run from the Sultan!!
She's escaped from his 'Mechanical Monkey Circus' and taken all the monkey acrobats and musicians with her.
But, the Sultan has sent his baboons to bring them back...
Some of you may remember these characters from the Machineflesh challenge. I did a little sketch of Monkey Girl on a moped being chased by some baboons during the challenge and thought i'd develop it to include the whole 'troupe' being chased by a horde of baboons!! I've been trying to submit it for Expose 3 tonight but i think everything's a bit chuggy being last minute'n'all... ho hum... fingers crossed...
So, amidst all the frustration, i decided to see what y'all think here...
I've saved off lots of WiP's so i'm gonna knock up a step-by-step walkthrough sometime this week. I'll post a link here when it's done!!
>> Hi resolution image <<

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Wow! Great work. Your choice in colors and layout are perfect. I'd like to see more of your work.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
It's awesome.. I don't know if I will ever be able to paint something like this...

By the way... U r in the wrong forum....

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Moved to the right forum
BTW, great work man!

Kris

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Nice work! Those shadows beings reminds me of those from the "Heart of Darkness" game, except that yours are of mechanical properties instead. Looks like you can create a comic or storybook out of those characters you have created! I like all those attention to details combined with the simplicity in the brushstrokes!

Hope to see them again in their next 'adventure'!

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Very cool

You have done a great job with this Jonny. The image illustrates the story very well and I think you have the colours spot on. The big robot ape on top of the kombi is just killer! I'm off to find more of your work now...

Chip

Old 03 March 2005   #7
I REALLY LOVE IT ! YOU GOT MY FULL RATE!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
I was just looking at your Machineflesh work a couple of weeks ago. So glad to see that you revived the concept. So many great details and your characters have lots of personality. I keep looking between the Orang, the monkeys and the chimp driving the bus. The black mass of baboons remind me of the itzs (I think that's what they were called) from Sam Keith's Maxx. My only regret is that the dog didn't make it.

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Really love this one! good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #10
love the cute cartoony style u made for this onefantastic!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Smile

So nice and attractive work-joyful and colourful !

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Amazing! Very appealing concept and style!

Hope you get it submitted and I'm looking forward to the step-by-step!

My portfolio: www.einarlunden.com
My webcomic, Cock and Bull: www.cocknbull.net

Old 03 March 2005   #13
I'm Speechless, five stars from me.

Old 03 March 2005   #14
Thanks for the comments!! I post a picture... go to bed... get up... and there's a bunch of comments!! Woohoo!!

Just after i posted this (in a stressed out paddy-fit because it wasn't uploading to the Expose entries pages!) i got my automated mail from ballistic saying it was successfully loaded. So now i feel like a plonker. But it took two and a half hours!! A friend used my computer to upload his entry on saturday and it only took ten minutes to get the mail...

But i'm relaxed now...

Matt: You could have a look at my site... not too much decent colour stuff on there, but there's lots of drawings and concepts...

p0rcupine: Thanks!! Hmmm... what forum did it go in??

Antropus: Phew!! Cheers!!

Jeromoo: Thanks... not seen 'Heart of Darkness'. I don't think i play enough games. Even though i do concepts for a gamje company... I'm planning to use these characters for a comic i've been working on. But it's slow when your working full time and have three or four personal projects on the go!!

Hexebah: Cheers... i hope you liked the site... i'll be posting some more freelance and personal work on it soon!! I've not been near it for nearly three months!!

Phoe][ix: Woohoo!! Thanks a bunch!!

Ilikesoup: Not seen the itzs either... so that's more games and comics i need to look at!! The dog? Um...er... he's in his basket in the caravan... (i did intend to have him barking on the back of the moped or the van roof... but there was so much else going on!!)

Thanks Spacetik, Inky2 and Il Cattivo!

Einar: it did get submitted!! And i'll post some close ups later today and try and get a step by step done in the next day or two...

Thanks again guys...

Old 03 March 2005   #15
i enjoyed tis alot...great colours and style!!! wicked!

Thread Closed share thread