The King's Fairy Catcher (nudity), Steven Stahlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2005   #1
The King's Fairy Catcher (nudity), Steven Stahlberg (2D)

Title: The King's Fairy Catcher (nudity)
Name: Steven Stahlberg
Software: Maya, Photoshop

The King has gotten it into his head that drinking fairy blood will keep him young forever. No one knows if this is true or not, since no one has had enough money to try to cultivate the extremely expensive bait (a magical flower irresistable to fairies) on the large scale necessary before. The King is using up all the money of the kingdom in his obsession...

Old 02 February 2005   #2
very very very cool, original idea and very nicely executed

Old 02 February 2005   #3
Excellent!
A new fairytale is born!

Old 02 February 2005   #4
wow,are those fairies done in 3d?anatomically,they are very well proportioned.and i love the mood ..sleepy hollow feel~!

Old 02 February 2005   #5
Very Good Concept ..!!

Hi Steven, The concept is really nice and you have become successful in realizing it...

Though, I have a small comment... I feel the lighting of the fairies ( especially the one who is trapped) needs to be adjusted a little...At present, her belly is also lit heavily...whereas the light direction of the rest of the picture is from her back...If the light intensity of the fairies as a whole is little reduced, they could blend more with the rest of the picture...

Keep up the good work

Visit Thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=211732

Last edited by animatorajithkv : 02 February 2005 at 06:22 AM.

Old 02 February 2005   #6
Beautiful artwork

You are very talented Steven! Great mood and atmosphere to this work. I also wondered about the lighting on the fairies at first, but now I kinda like it. It's as though they are giving off a light of thier own.

Chip

Old 02 February 2005   #7
really nice idea but the lightning dont fits together and its very easy to spot the 3d parts and textures...

Old 02 February 2005   #8
I always like the ideas and stories behind the works posted here. It gives them more depth. This is a cool concept and a cool image.

thanx for sharing this stunning piece!

Old 02 February 2005   #9
Nice work Steven, very nice.

Latest thread:

Fauna

Vampyre Portrait

Girl in Hood

Vampyre Hunter I

Old 02 February 2005   #10
the "breath" fog really adds to this piece, give characters much more life. I cant wait for your next interesting fairy painting!

Old 02 February 2005   #11
I like a lot your painting!... the little girls are perfecxt, and the overall green cold light is reallyfine!... the only crit, maybe , would be on the drawing of the man, wich is too simple, and cone shaped... of course he's an old man, walking slowly, and so on, but I think that a little more dynamic drawing would improve the picture... anyway, it's a very good piece!... bravo

Old 02 February 2005   #12
Lovely work Steven. Reminds me very much of Victorian fairy paintings... Excellent!

Old 02 February 2005   #13
Just beautiful..I agree though that the light on the fairies is a bit strange..but then they ARE mystical creatures what do I know

I am in love about how you rendered the background. Particularly, the right side with those round shapes between the branches. Is that some kind of filter you used or how did you achieve that wonderful look?

My website

Old 02 February 2005   #14
this is a supurb piece..but mr.stahlberg can you provide us with a hight resultion pic ?

Old 02 February 2005   #15
Originally Posted by animatorajithkv: Though, I have a small comment... I feel the lighting of the fairies ( especially the one who is trapped) needs to be adjusted a little...At present, her belly is also lit heavily...whereas the light direction of the rest of the picture is from her back...If the light intensity of the fairies as a whole is little reduced, they could blend more with the rest of the picture...
[/color][/url]

I really agree; the fairies look a little too placed on top of the image. Small adjustments to the lighting on them, considering the light source(s) within the environment, could sort it out. Other than that it looks brilliant – well done.

Thread Closed share thread