Book Cover - Space Scene - February 2005, Nicolas Bouvier (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
awesome pic! makes a perfect desktop background for my dual monitors! thanks sparth!

02 February 2005
Nice!

I wonder how something like this could be done with a program like photoshop? Are there any discussions or tuts on using photoshop to paint in this manner? The artwork is very nice.

02 February 2005
Thumbs up :-o

Awesome... great lighting.

02 February 2005
That's utterly amazing! If you don't mind me asking, which novels are they for? Is the third section Circum-Terra from Between Planets?

02 February 2005
Thumbs up Kwel

Very good work and inspiring ... true true even 5 stars is not enough.

02 February 2005
Talking

Originally Posted by sparth:

Title: Book Cover - Space Scene - February 2005
Name: Nicolas Bouvier
Software: Photoshop

hi there.
sorry for the long format.
this artwork has been done for a four books novel by robert heinlein. pure space art. i tried to make it a bit unconventional.
you divide the illustration in four equal pieces, and you'll obtain the four covers.
as usual, this piece is a 100% photoshop artwork. no sketching or drawings involved.
sorry i would have liked to participate to the amazing grand space opera contest. there's just not enough time for personal creations for now.
let's consider this artwork as my replacement piece.
sparth

edit: here is a link to a larger version
here

This is a great piece but Bob Heinlein has been dead for a long while. Is someone
bringing back some of his earlier works? I'd like to pick up a copy.

02 February 2005
Hawkwind

Can you give us noobs any tips or guidance on how to paint like that.What apps to use techniques , books etc. before i die id like to paint like you.

02 February 2005
Thumbs up

wow. that so cool. i like the color and the composition.

like a movie poster!!

great!

02 February 2005
Very nice. I especially like how the ships appear to be launching out into space, all towards a single apex, which would be up above the actual picture.

If you are a happy employee does that make you 'gruntled'?
-Jack Handey

02 February 2005
I'm getting dizzy from all the amazings and awesomes, but theres no other way to describe it. AMAZING AWESOME. sooo many textures and colours, you must teach the ways of the force

02 February 2005
your style is so sketchy yet so detailed and graphic, that amazes me so much. straight on photoshop paint no presketches or anything. that is absolutly incredible and leaves me speechless. the four pieces go excellent together and i love the variation in color from each one on. i really love how it gets even less detailed and sketchier as it goes back in the distance. truely an inspiring piece.

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread