Ailill And Roksana, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
very nice, the hair its amazing...

01 January 2005
Awesome Work!
And so detailed.

Could you perhaps make a Wallpaper of Ailill? Dunno in 1280x1024 or 1600x1200?
That would be so great.

01 January 2005
Astonishing ! I love the first one, the hot colors and the expression of her face are excellent!

Your truely the goddess of the digital painting Linda

01 January 2005
Smile

Very nice! And i see Roksana is inspired by Bloodlines. I love that game! Best RPG of the year!

Last edited by LynX88 : 01 January 2005 at 03:52 PM.

01 January 2005
gorgeous, i personaly couldn't find anything to crit

01 January 2005
I agree with ago-stino, about his overview of its creation. it seems like the way some old illustrators used photo-projection to paint the pictures. While it looks good it has a captured life to it, but I guess what matters most is whatever it takes to get the job done...and it is a very good job, regardless of what and how references were obtained and used.

Here's my 5 stars worth!

01 January 2005
did you draw this 100% or did you mix in some photographs of the eyes and hair?

01 January 2005
OMG ..I love your works!

01 January 2005
Well made pics, the red hair is sooo good.
But I guess you got some really sick and twisted mind to be able to paint something like that...

01 January 2005
Thumbs up

oppppppppsss I find my girl friend. super image ++++++++

See my 2D Challenge Works & City concepts

01 January 2005
hey, you're obviously very talented painter - there's no other way you could do stuff like that. Still, I know how matte painters work, they use photographs to achieve superb realism in almost no time. So I'm almost 100% convinced that you did use photos, especially after learning how quickly you do those. I have also heard that you teach Photoshopping in some school, photo manipulation, I believe. Now, I don't have to be very intelligent to doubt that there's a slight chance that your paintings contain photographic elements - or maybe I really lack intelligence to doubt such thing!

There's totally nothing wrong with using photographic elements in ones works, seeing how cool the results can be, and I repeat, I'm also very much convinced that you're extremely skilled painter as matte painters usually are. There's many things you have painted that can't be from photos, so they are certainly painted. I just hope you'd be honest about your photo-using if that happens. I have seen people ranting you about that, and you claimed you are a pure painter. Still I have doubts of your work, and I most likely keep doubting until I see some solid proof. If it bothers you, give us some solid proof ;D

Hopefully I haven't insulted you in any way.

I might buy your book by the way, if it doesn't cost too much

01 January 2005
I kinda agree with ago-stino. at first i thought man, she's used photographs and retouched them. but since you didn't mention anything like that in your post, well then, i was truly amazed. i mean, if you would have used photgraphs you would have said something right?
i do really like that first one. specifically the hair and the eyes. really amazing. which kinda gives me some inspiration to do a piece like this.

thanks

-L

01 January 2005
These are absolutely incredible! The eyes on both are hypnotic...

01 January 2005
I think this is what they call natural beauty!

01 January 2005
All I can say is, wow! You have a true talent!

Thread Closed share thread