Ailill And Roksana, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #16
Thumbs up

Very good Work, i love it.

Old 01 January 2005   #17
I actually thought the first image was an extremely good render before I saw your name, depth and lighting is unquestionably excellent. However, as usual I do have some comments

Mainly I'm having trouble with the hand, first of all it seems a bit out of proportion. I have pretty large hands and I can manage the pose in the image ( touching shoulder with thumb and opposite side of chest with two fingers ), but with my hand quite streched out, not relaxed like it looks in here ( I'm not a very broad-shouldered guy either ). Also, it feels like the hand is free-floating in a way, partly from the above I guess, but also I can't see a connection with the lower arm, it looks like it sort of ends in thin air. Maybe if the image had been a bit higher and showed more below the hand I wouldn't have thought it strange. As always everything IMHO, I'm sure some will not agree

I wish you luck with the book, better health in the future, and perhaps some time for more side projects like these, they're always a treat

Last edited by Taharez : 01 January 2005 at 09:46 AM.

Old 01 January 2005   #18
Again lovely paintings!... always admired the faces.

And you are right about V tm: Bloodlines. Its addictive like hell!
[+]
[+] [+] [+] [+]

Old 01 January 2005   #19
What do you mean you did Roksana yesterday!? One day! Gosh! Amazing work! I adore the second painting of Roksana. The attention to detail in the dress is outstanding. What sort of resolution would be typical of your work Linda?

Looking at the 'link' Roksana again... corsets usually lace up from the back... don't ask me how I know, I just do!

Last edited by Poshspice : 01 January 2005 at 02:26 AM. Reason: more wibbling...

Old 01 January 2005   #20
Magnificent pictures. The first one is luminous, with vibrant colors.
My favourite one is the Link image...great work, and I love those pale skin tones!

Old 01 January 2005   #21
Originally Posted by Enayla:
And I am truly sorry these are just a couple of portraits - I do tons of more intricate material, I just can't share it just yet :[

Just a couple of portraits???
The level of mastery in these works is absolutely breathtaking. And yes it is artists of your caliber that set the bar for the rest of us. I am looking forward to seeing your book (if this work is any indication, the decision to buy it will be a no brainer!)

I hope you return to full health very fast!

All the best

Gord MacDonald

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 01 January 2005   #22
Absolutely beautiful, great colours and form. What kind of reference material did you use?

mark tsang

Old 01 January 2005   #23
First portrait: Love her mouth, nose, expression and skin!
Second portrait: You should keep her away from the strawberry jam Nice creepy stuff.

Old 01 January 2005   #24
Wowza!

Great work here Linda.
Im a sucker for Photorealistic work and these are just that. The detail on the first image is incredible. You really have captured the Skin tones and textures amazingly well.
The second two I think are great as well, you have captured a dream like quality to these works which is just great.

Im curious as to your process. You say you use Photoshop and Painter, which programs do you use for which bits?
Also, which program do you prefer as they are quite different?

Old 01 January 2005   #25
nice, bloody nice!

Old 01 January 2005   #26
Thumbs up

These works are really shocking. I'm trembling if I think at your technical skills and at the careful that you put on minimal details, colours and light. (I don't understand the critic on the distance of the eyes, or on the proportion of hands...these critics simply doesn't match with Art (and its history)....moreover, I don't understand all the critics on the beauty, shape or colours of a subject, because I think that if I want to depict an "error" of mother nature, like me, or the 2 girls - or is the same? -, in your paintings [joking], I can do that; mother nature did it.)

But... I feel that I would be more enthusiastic, and appreciate those 2 great pieces of Art, only if I was sure that they are not made painting over, or copying, a photograph.
I know that many big artists do that, either from the past or present days, but I feel that I'm really shaky only if I know that those pictures came out from the real mind and soul of the body who painted them.... Anyway 6 stars.

cheers,

ago-stino

p.s.

Mmmm, and not try to say me that you didn't copy from a photograph. Sorry I really cannot believe that, at least until someone who I can trust can convince me....

MMMMMM n.2, after some watching, I'm pretty sure that those 2 pictures are 2 photographs retouched, through the overlaying of slightly painted layers.

I'm sorry. Interpretations like mine are part of the destiny of photorealistic painting.

Anyway these 2 works, that, I insist, I appreciate a lot, are 2 photographs retouched by painting in Photoshop and/or Painter.

Last edited by ago-stino : 01 January 2005 at 11:12 AM.

Old 01 January 2005   #27
Amazing, your skill is amazing.

Old 01 January 2005   #28
Awesome, awesome, awesome. The emotional contrast in the 2nd pic is brilliant, innocence and evil blended beautifully! and yet you still feel something for her hehe.

You have one buyer for your book right here.

Old 01 January 2005   #29
very cool ...
I always liked your stuff and those look really cool.

Old 01 January 2005   #30
Amazing

WOW!!! Amazing as usual. Absolutly beautiful.....

I love the first image, that hair and eyes...ooo... and the skin is so lovely...

I also love that full figured image....

I'm in awe..... you make me want to draw again

Thread Closed share thread