Ailill And Roksana, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Ailill And Roksana, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Ailill And Roksana
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Photoshop

The picture above is a portrait I did for the sake of fun. I am still working on my book so the main bulk of my work can't be posted (and the book is postponed a little because I've taken ill). At any rate, in between other things, I do a few portraits from time to time. I find it very relaxing to have no pressure for backgrounds or full-body paintings, but instead just focus on the features and the feel of the image.
This is the second painting I feel like showing - mostly to say thank you to whomever worked on V:tM - Bloodlines... I find that game an insane amount of fun.

I used Painter and Photoshop for both of these, Ailill was finished a week or so ago and I did Roksana yesterday (and if you're interested in viewing another image of her... click
And I am truly sorry these are just a couple of portraits - I do tons of more intricate material, I just can't share it just yet :[

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

01 January 2005
wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~great work~~~~

01 January 2005
i really like the first one. its a nice fresh look that you went for ( from your usual darker themed pieces ). the colours also very much work for me. great stuff. only thing ( and maybe im wrong ). perhaps the left eye ( her right ) is too close to the nose? on the left eye ( her left ) we see a lot of the eye all the way to the nose, but if that eye was the same distance from the nose as her right then it would be a little further away?

01 January 2005
Hi Linda !

Great works, as usual.
However (but it is only a personal opinion), I think that the 2d one is really too close to photography.
I mean, you have great skills for painting, and maybe it would be more interesting to see some brush strokes to make it more... "painting" and a bit different from reality...
(dunno if I'm really clear ><)

But as I said, it's only a personal opinion.... and some people must be totally in disagree with that :-p

anyway, 5 stars

01 January 2005
I must say that i really love your work Linda. I find different things to look at every time i see the same painting u did....

01 January 2005
Linda linda linda... you set the bar for everyone in CGtalks' 2D forum.
This is just stunning, of course.
The hair in the first one knocked me to the ground, and then i saw the hand and fell down again.
Can we see the ref images?

p.s.
How are you feeling? not ill anymore?

01 January 2005
I could stare in these eyes for hours, hypnotic, yet incredible.

Best,

ashakarc

01 January 2005
Wohoo, totally amazing! They have so much personality. For some reason I really like second one.

"You don't want to hurt anybody know do you?"
"Oh but I do..."

Bra jobbat

CML

01 January 2005
truly amazing work.... Im very interested & would love to see your process. If this is just a peek at whats gonna be in your book I cant wait.

Hope youre feeling better....

01 January 2005
Linda ... impressive work..i love your way of painting...and i think youre a real artist...i really admire your work...and i think only great persons can achive this kind of quality ....very good...

01 January 2005
Wow, I really like all of your work.

I hope that you arnt seriously ill and that you get better soon.

01 January 2005
• I must take my hat off for you Linda......, It's beautifull

01 January 2005
Hey everyone , and thanks for your comments. I just wanted to say I'm going away over the weekend but will respond to every individual post when I get back home (just giving a heads up so no one thinks I've abandoned my determination of responding to everything I can respond to, heheh)

I'm in a hurry, have to catch a ride :] See you guys soon.

01 January 2005
Loved the inocent expression and the mouth full of blood!

You kicked some ass!

01 January 2005
you got some strong skills !
i love those pics

Thread Closed share thread