The Hook (yarrr!), Brian Prince For Wannado City (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
great paintings! i used corel photopaint 8 years ago and agree that it was more useful at the time than photoshop was. i didnt have a wacom at the time though. the layer effects that photopaint were better than adobes imo.

now i have a wacom and im playing with painter 9 trial and adobe PS CS. i dont find adobe very painter friendly but perhaps i just need to make my own custom brushes. painter you can basically just jump into - it's work flow is more geared to getting something started than photoshop is.

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by Luke Mrozek: Splendid images, The Hook is superb. I would love to see wip for this one.

Thanks!

Here is Jose's sketch from which I worked:

10 October 2004
I too have seen this before and have always been quite impressed with it. The parts that stand out the most to me are the moons reflection on the water which looks FANTASTIC and the bright shining highlights on the sides of the pumpkin. Exquisite.

10 October 2004
Nice work Ballistic,

Your 2d skills have really taken off since the last time I have seen any of your work. Keep up the good job.

10 October 2004
Excellent work, I think the clouds are supurb, and i like the little details on the sword etc.
Good work..

10 October 2004
Excellent, I really like this Specially the ship!, reminds me of Monkey Island! you really captured that pirateyTM mood.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -Albert Einstein

10 October 2004
Thanks guys! (we need a pirate smiley)

11 November 2004
punkin

that pumkin is a perfect "halloweeny" pic.

(almost got my avatar

11 November 2004
I really like both these images and would love to try photo-paint myself... where can i get a copy!?

11 November 2004
Originally Posted by WilliG: I really like both these images and would love to try photo-paint myself... where can i get a copy!?

Unfortunately, Corel only sells it as part of the full Draw bundle. They used to offer it by itself, but not since Corel acquired Painter from Metacreations (I guess they didn't want to promote two independent paint programs).

Sometimes you can find the Draw bundle going pretty cheap on ebay, especially if you pick up last year's version. I'm still using v10, and they're currently on release 12.

11 November 2004
neat

I love the way you've rendered the light reflecting off the water, not only is it pretty but it really makes that part of the painting jump out.

very cool

11 November 2004
Great work Brian. That pumpkin is just brilliant! The lighting on the floor around the pumpkin is spot on. !

- Martijn

11 November 2004
Thumbs up

w-wow that's amazing.

11 November 2004
Ehi! I love it!

11 November 2004
Arg, lol. That's a short little pirate. The art work is super!!

Thread Closed share thread