Elena Formal Portrait, Lunatique (2D), (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2004
I would say that the results of your experiment are a very good success, indeedy!

Although not quite the masterpiece you were hoping for - I would definetely take the "experiment" further in the next picture you do. I say you can improve on this...give it your very best!

Take no prisioners.

02 February 2004

this is soo beautyfull. I love your style.
Don´t see anything to crit

02 February 2004
hey rob

I was just thinking, you should put out your own video tutorial, sorta like the gnomon ones, whatcha think?

02 February 2004
Thumbs down

Lunatique, you are really good that is for sure.... Just some thoughts.

I like more 3D realistic models so I am not much of a digital painting admirer... But I must say that you have impressed me.

You captured the same beauty from reality the same way Anry always does from fantasy.

I do think that I would have liked a painting that is not so blurred and provides more detail but that is just my taste,

Keep looking for that impressionistic touch!

E X C E L L E N T!!

02 February 2004
I really like your work! Would you be interested in talking to me about a position? I am looking for artists that can do realistic human characters using Lightwave.

jwrightcreate@yahoo.com

02 February 2004
It's always incredibly beautiful to draw someone who you love. I am amazed, Luna!

02 February 2004
great, very great ....

your wife is wonderful...

some day I do it ...

congratulations...

02 February 2004
stunning, its amazing how talented people are on this site. Just awesome.

Brian

02 February 2004
Cool wow she is..

man she is cute..u have a beeeeeeeeatifuuuuuuul wife! so as ur painting. I love it sir. it rocks!!!

02 February 2004
this painting feels alive, stunning work, youre a great artist, love the brushes u used and is nice the level of detail u get, make it looks so traditional and full of feeling, congratulations! u have to print this for your wife on a poster size!

02 February 2004
wow! I thought it was an awesome 3d rendering from the front page, but now I see that it's an awesome painting She's very pretty, it shows through the painting a lot. It's as though you're looking at her, not a painting of her. I think it's her eyes, I am really drawn to them. Good job! I've become a fan of yours after the adventuring party, I noticed you then and now I am going to make sure I keep an eye out for your work.

edited: Oops, sometimes I forget how to spell

Last edited by Annuostivix : 02 February 2004 at 04:00 AM.

02 February 2004
This is absolutely brilliant, the dress looks really amazing! great work

02 February 2004
:saves to hard drive:

Great work. I too have been a big fan of yourse for a long time. This is one of my new favorites of yours now. Great work dude

02 February 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Annuostivix
She's very pretty, it shows through the painting a lot. It's as though you're looking at her, not a painting of her.

It's a beautiful testiment to what Rob feels for his wife, as we are seeing this through his eyes... and skilled handiwork. Words are quite inadequate to describe this wonderful labor of love.

However, I do have one question... do you, in some way, regret choosing the digital medium for this specific portrait over paints? When I saw this portrait and read all the replies, the one thing I felt most strongly was that this is a piece that should be displayed in your home, where you can not only see the image but enjoy the texture of the strokes and fine details of brushwork that just seem flat in the digital medium. I'm just curious what you think about that.

But, as always, excellent work!

02 February 2004
very pretty picture. Ur right, it's not very gutsy, but that's ok...it's technically and visually masterful. There's always the next painting.

Thread Closed share thread