Elena Formal Portrait, Lunatique (2D), (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2004
Wow... great work.
:P
now i know what did u do with ur weekends.
Eleana must be very happy now. I bet this is better than a diamond ring for her.

btw, wish she's feeling better now (health).

02 February 2004
Talking

i dont know whether to shit myself or go blind,
this is too good for words

ps.i think you should do a nude painting of her, i wanna see your wife naked teeheehee

Last edited by dragon666 : 02 February 2004 at 04:46 PM.

02 February 2004
Great work! I can only dream of what it takes to be able to paint like that on the puter or not on the puter! Your wife is also beautiful, like your work is.

02 February 2004
This is simply beautiful....u sir are one talented sunovagun...lovely tones...

Cheers!

02 February 2004
beautiful

This is fantastic work Robert done from life congrats!
When anyone doubts that great art lies in the skill of the artist and not the medium (ie "the computer does all the work") all they need to do is look at work like yours and understand how revolutionary digital is.

Some questions if you don't mind-

*What resolution do you work at when working from life? One of the toughest things for me when painting digitally (I like to be able to see the gestalt of the piece emerging) is having to zoom in and out on sections as opposed to traditional work where you can always view the canvas as a whole to a certain extent. Do you block out major shapes/colors/etc during the session and then zoom in for detail after you have layed the ground work?

*Someone also asked this question concerning your palette- how should the digital artist proceed in making his color choices as opposed to setting your traditional palette? (in terms of how color works on the computer vs. canvas)

*In regards to brushes its interesting to see the you used the gouache brush and palette knife- your brushes are really great and I have been using them in my work- any reason for the change or just a continued exploration? How do you choose brushes in regards to getting the look you want on the digital canvas?

Cheers
Inspiring As Always!

02 February 2004
Nicenice Luna. Haven't seen your work after that wolf girl.

I wonder is it better if you add more of the specular on both eyes to match her glossy lip.

great work Luna.

02 February 2004
OH MY!!!!!!!

Superb......

Lunatique, this piece is soooo nice..

Only thing that bugs me, the spec on the eyes shoud be much brighter, judging that from the lips specs.. The eye would happily have more specularity than a lip , even when wearing a lipstick!! please put 2 white dots on both eyes and this is the best pic of the month!!!!!

02 February 2004
GREAT WORK!
Not only technique but sensitive also.
Very good.

02 February 2004
This is unbelievably real, when i first saw the front page, i thought this must be a work done by someone who's a relative or boyfriend of a very beautiful girl i work with. Still can't get over the fact that they'll pass for identical twins.....

Great work man !!!

Last edited by sinai_1 : 02 February 2004 at 06:12 PM.

02 February 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Lunatique
I get comments about how my portraits are much better than my other paintings. I dunno why people say that. The two are completely different styles and purposes. Realistic portraits are done to capture a real person. My other paintings are painted out of my head, using my imagination only-and they are to tell stories. Of course the realistic stuff would seem to be more "skillful" because people tend to associate realism with skill. But the other paintings are FAR harder to paint, and take at least 10 to 20 times longer because you have to problem solve without the aid of existing reference for imaginary stuff. Personally, I'm more fond of my imaginary works.

I don't think it has anything to do with people here associating realism with skill, it's just your portraits are (IMHO) of a much higher quality then the stuff you are pulling from your head. This portrait has life to it and isn't overly detailed. Your imaginary works have individual pieces that work, but as a whole come together poorly (once again, IMHO). It's seems more to me that you are trying to hide your weak points by throwing as much detail in to the painting as possible, even when all the detail fights for the viewers attention. Maybe it's not the viewer who is associating realism with skill, but you who are doing that?

Don't mean to sound so negative, you obviously have a lot of skill. It's just frustrating, as a viewer, to not see that skill in the imaginary pieces and then see it come out in spades in beautiful pieces like this.

02 February 2004
Just awesome

Ho !, so pretty nice girl, i love your details painting, and your precision, its awesome dude.

02 February 2004
that looks great ! nice job

PROJECTS:

Hunter- Concept

02 February 2004

02 February 2004
wow. great job. its nice seeing a regular get plugged too. its usually somebody who just joined to show off their work.

02 February 2004
Always loved your work. Great job.

Thread Closed share thread