March: "Frightened"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2009
March: "Frightened"

March Animation Challenge

There are only 2 more weeks in the month of March so this month will only have a Non-Audio topic. For this month the topic is…

• The Character in the scene is on edge and gets scared of something like a feather that floats by his head. (Can be anything so long as whatever scares the character isn’t a threat to him/her at all.)

For anyone who doesn’t know of a site to host there WIPS I suggestion trying Vimeo or Youtube.

Good luck to all, and I hope to see some great work.

03 March 2009
I would love to give it a go and am going to try but I need to get through some more digital tutors.

I have a good idea if someone wants to work with me???!!!

03 March 2009
I am about halfway through the blocking stage. I spent about 45 min. on it. Hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to post my first WIP.

03 March 2009
Key Poses

I think that I might have a little more on my plate than I could handle.

That's okay it will give me something to do.

Here is my first run with the key poses. (KeyPoses)

03 March 2009
ok I see how you translate your idea into blocks. nice thank you.

what else are you working on?

03 March 2009
Well I still have to try and come up with some thing for my character to see on the wall I was thinking of a mouse on the Garbage can but I can't really find a rig for Maya. I would say that it would be a heavy goal for me to make one since I am not the best modeler or rigger. But I really like the idea of a mouses shadow growing on the wall and scaring the character. So only time will tell what I could come up with.

03 March 2009
yea that is kind of the idea I had. the toon would turn and see like a little mouse or kitten. I would help you rig one but I don't know how sorry.

03 March 2009
Micah-H - Ah, no worries I will just wing it and see what happens. I once did a Maya Foundation book that had me model and rig the character Boog from "Open Season," but that was kind of long time ago so I don't really remember to much. Hopefully what I do remember will be enough to get me through a simple... really simple character.

03 March 2009
Here is my final model for my mouse character. That the main character is going to be scared of.

03 March 2009
looks good

I have been practicing walk cycles and jumps and other things still, I hope I will be able to block something out for this task.

03 March 2009
Maybe you could try to go for a reaction animation. You know with the character just standing and then all of a sudden he transitions into a frightened pose. Either way I can't wait to see what you come up with.

As for an update on my scene I am trying to rig the mouse. I created the skeleton and now I am going to bind the geometry... probably tomorrow. Tonight I rented Madagascar 2. I hope that I can be done real soon so that I could block in the mouse and polish up the animation before the end of the month.

03 March 2009
good movie! I am about to sit down for bolt, should be good studying!! your right I should try something like that at a minimum.

take care
micah

03 March 2009
Talking

So as it might already seem it is taking me way to long to rig this my mouse character. I had to break out an old text book and study some on rigging. Which I don't mind since I am learning something that is just necessary. So I hope I could still finish in time. LOL

03 March 2009
Hey thats fine with me man I am still watching tutorials, I say take as long as you want since its practice anyways

03 March 2009
My animation is nearing the finish. It's has been tough since I have to work full time and take care of my 2 year old son. But now that I think about it the more it sounds like a bunch of excuses. Anyway enough of my rants. I hope to finish before the End of the Month.

Thread Closed share thread