portfolio
Mehul Desai
3D Artist
Stargate Studios
San Francisco, United States

Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-star
In the spirit of animation and drunkenness... Here's a link to my 11SecondClub entry of last month which happens to feature a drunk guy passing out...

http://www.vimeo.com/1697062

Hey,

I am a VFX student at the Academy of Art University, San Francsico,....just wanted to ask you.....do u want good lighting in any of your shots?....let me know....i m looking for people's animation work who want good lighting in their shots so it looks good on their demoreel.....and i can use it(with giving you appropriate credits) in my demoreel of lighting.

let me know if interested.
thanks
mehul

Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #62
VM
Character Animator

portfolio
Virgil Mihailescu
Character Animator
Antarctica

man, this thread is a mess. I can't believe how much fluff I found, people posting stuff that has nothing to do with the challenge... and the challenge itself is a world of chaos.

I think there should be clearer rules, what is allowed and what is not allowed in the competition, and someone to decide when the challenge starts and when it ends, like... precisely, and when the voting starts and when it ends, just as precisely. and a forum thread is far from ideal when it comes to voting.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #63
Splinter
Expert

portfolio
John Cruz
Eudora, US

Send a message via Yahoo to Splinter
I know, I know. I picked up the challenge about a year ago. No one was doing anything with it. The whole area was like a deserted town. Then all of a sudden I noticed people were wanting to start something here but no one did anything. So I stepped up, because I'm like everyone else. I have a passion for animation and would like to find away to hang out with other animators. The organization is a little difficult to keep up with. Eh... I try. I just have a lot of other responsibilities I have to take care of as well.

For the record there is a precise start and end to the challenge. Sorry it used to be posted. The deadline is at the end of the month at midnight (GMT -7:00 Mountain Time (US and Canada)). I'll make sure to add that to the rules in next month's thread. I like the idea of making a precise date for the voting. I don't know why I haven't thought of that . There are other things that I will have to display a precise date for I will have to make a note of that. That information should be up soon enough. I recently found myself with more free time to spare. So hopefully I could really grab this challenge by the reins.

Lmao!!! As for the postings and the other stuff that have nothing to do with the challenge, I can't move them or turn some threads into threads with a sticky on it. Because I'm not an administrator so I don't have the ability to do that stuff. I messaged an admin. but I got no response. So I live with it and try to keep everything in a "controled" chaos.

I would like to get rid of some of the threads. Atleast make a couple changes with some of the threads. This one especially because it was apart of the challenge along time ago. So it has no relevance anymore. I would like for it to disappear. It has a sticky on it and I can't get it removed, I asked.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #64
gurusanimations
portfolio
Gurunathan Lakshmanan
Animator
The pixals
Munnar, India

Send a message via Yahoo to gurusanimations
Hi buddies

Hi everyone i am new to this forum . I would like to participate in this contest please let me know when does this animation session ends.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #65
arta777
portfolio
Arthur
Erevan, Armenia

Question Newbie needs your koments

Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #66
Splinter
Expert

portfolio
John Cruz
Eudora, US

Send a message via Yahoo to Splinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusanimations
Hi everyone i am new to this forum . I would like to participate in this contest please let me know when does this animation session ends.

I'm sorry but this thread has been down for a few months now. I was running the challenges for a while, but things just got hectic in my schedule so I couldn't keep them up. I would love to keep them going. If there is a strong enough demand, I wouldn't mind starting brand new.

Although, as of right now this challenge has been down for a while now.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #67
suresanimo
portfolio
Suresh Sudarmani
Character Animator
DC Studios
Chennai, India

Character animator

Hi Everyone,
I am suresh kumar, i want to know about my animating level and want to keep improving. So your comments will help me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg31D4V3eoY expecting ur comments........

Last edited by suresanimo : 05-21-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #68
zimfin
Veteran

portfolio
Scott Findlay
Freelance Artist
N/A, Israel

Send a message via MSN to zimfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
I'm sorry but this thread has been down for a few months now. I was running the challenges for a while, but things just got hectic in my schedule so I couldn't keep them up. I would love to keep them going. If there is a strong enough demand, I wouldn't mind starting brand new.

Although, as of right now this challenge has been down for a while now.
If you have the time to run new competitions, (and assuming demand is high enough) I would participate. I am just starting out with animation and figure challenges would help me improve.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #69
nirsmith
portfolio
Nir
India, India

2D Or 3D Animation

Hi There,

In What kind of animation we are make. In 2D animation or 3D animation.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 AM   #70
BowWow
portfolio
jayadev v
Innovation
Trivandrum, IN

Hi everyone. Quite new to the forum, amd currently working on my animation and need some exercise. Am up for any challenge. Looking forward to the renewal of this thread.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #71
AbsorbentGhost
3ds max and maya
portfolio
Valentious Williams
Freelance airbrush artist
Saint Lucia

Hey some thing gud

Guys lets bring this shit thread back to full swing,A topic Based on any book/Novel we've read

Old 12-23-2011, 03:44 AM   #72
J-Way
portfolio
Jennifer Hathaway
Muncie, USA

I Second that Notion!!!

Use to participate on here a few years ago, then this thread like disappeared into the depths of the abyss. I would really like to participate again... lets get this thing back up and going!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #73
Aloke316
Frequenter
portfolio
Aloke Sarkar
Character Animator
Mumbai, India

guys lets start something!! maybe some experienced animators in cgtalk to step up and start a challenge here!!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #74
JohnLewis
portfolio
John Lewis
california, United States Minor Outlying Islands

Need your Help on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboydesign
Nice topic!
I will try to make something out of this
Need more animation training. To much visualisation. :P

Great Post!

Actually i have Created simple video in flash and now want to created into 3 D. Can you please help me..

I will ready to pay you or if anyone interested.

Please find the youtube video url: http://www.youtube.com/user/thenuclearfriends

Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #75
desaidmehul
portfolio
Mehul Desai
3D Artist
Stargate Studios
San Francisco, United States

lighting

sure i would love to help....i can do the opening scene comfortable,....where birds are flying and stuff!.......can do modelling,texturing,lighting and compositing!

email me personally for the rates and stuff!

cheers,
mehul

reply share thread