Animation Acting Challenge #7: Post Progress, Start April 7 - End May 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Talking Count me in!

Great oppourtunity to get better each month. I could have sworn the 'pass the grenade' was going to win, but whatever ... Going to do the projectile.

DesktopE.

04 April 2007
SirRon - gotta let me in on what you used to draw on that animation. I have been looking for something to watch my arcs with a more 2D approach so its quick and painless.

Matt -

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by mttjss: SirRon - gotta let me in on what you used to draw on that animation. I have been looking for something to watch my arcs with a more 2D approach so its quick and painless.

Matt -

I used Flash MX for that. Import, make new layer, draw on each frame, export. I guess you could do that with Adobe Imageready but I don't think managing the animation is smooth.

Unfortunately I don't know how to capture each frame separately in Flash.

Tell me what programs do you have access to and maybe I can tell you a way to draw on your stuff. Alternatively, you can use Jason Schleifer's greasepencil.

04 April 2007
I'm in!!!

I just have one question... Is a lightning bolt a projectile?

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by Funxer: I'm in!!!

I just have one question... Is a lightning bolt a projectile?

Hmm.... good question....do we have any fulminologists (someone who studies lightning) here?

I would have to say no. I don't think it has kinetic energy to push an object and that's the point of that topic.

But I think you can do it anyways. Just don't do the stereotypical lighting striking a person and he just stands there looking burnt.

Flash rocks

04 April 2007
hehe looks liek challenge has hit the big time drawn in some big names

not sure if i can compete this time tho :( loads on with college short films

good luck!

-Darken

=>Reel & Portfolio<=
Linkedin

04 April 2007
I'm not much of an animator, but I like to dabble once in a while. When things click right it can be a lot of fun. Here's a quick test I cooked up: Gray Man vs. the Yellow Balls.

http://www.timothyd.com/art/yellowballs_test.mov

It's definitely far from perfect, I know of a few immediate problems but if you notice anything feel free to thoroughly insult me .

[edit] And a small update. I've decided to lengthen the time between fighting off the wee yellow balls and being crushed by the uber-ball.

http://timothyd.com/art/yellowballs_test2.mov

Last edited by eirenicon : 04 April 2007 at 03:57 AM.

04 April 2007
Ha ha, nice lightning strike SirRon. Even though its stereotypical

04 April 2007
Talking

Woohoo and am in the challenge!! Getting hit by a projectile!!! Yup yup thats the one for me!!!

04 April 2007
weee~
the more the merrier
missed out the previous 1, Im not going to miss out this 1
www.khet13.blogspot.com

04 April 2007
weee~
the more the merrier
missed out the previous 1, Im not going to miss out this 1
www.khet13.blogspot.com

04 April 2007
For drawing arcs, as said above by SirRon, China Marker is an awesome and easy to use plugin for Maya. I've used it a lot making serpant trails and that kinda thing.. soon to be using it for fight sequences.

As for my animation.. I think I'll focus more on the lip sync than what I made so far for the projectile. It seems like more of a challenge, and I have a cool idea for it involving stormtroopers and nudity. Progress to come as soon as I put down God of War. Grrrr that game is addictive!

04 April 2007
Ooh! This sounds like fun, I want to play too!

Here's a quick layout/planning pass of what I have in mind: http://freddyburgos.net/tests/got_r...lanning_v01.mov

I'm trying to go for a sarcastic type of attitude, hopefully that comes through. Any comments or crits welcome!

04 April 2007
SkyZero! That is looking like it's going to be a real cool entry...

Originally Posted by SirRon: It's really good to see a 2D animator here

2D animator...?! Where?

Quote: I should also mention pencil tests are acceptable final submissions since they're like the equivalent to playblasts. Which topic do you plan on doing?

I plan to drop a piano on my character, mainly because I have had that vision before the challenge started...
I am a bit concerned about the projectile traits of my piano, though, because I wanted to simply drop it... 1940s-Tom&Jerry-irrationally-high-stored-anvil-gets-dropped-on-cat-style. But to enhance projectile character I would have to shove it into my character sideways... don't know, really.

Last thing: I tried to let google define playblast and looked for it in my fav online dictionary, but could not find it... what is that?

noob-alert, I was telling you...

04 April 2007
sorry for the triple post....comp was laggy
www.khet13.blogspot.com

Last edited by khet13 : 04 April 2007 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Closed share thread