Animation Acting Challenge #7: Post Progress, Start April 7 - End May 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Dang ... no grenades is making this decision a tough one. Hope I dont bite off more than I can chew.

04 April 2007
How convenient that I just started playing around with Maya again, especially as I'm playing around with animation! I so have to join this - will prove good practice.

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by RageArtworks: Can I combine the two into one animation?
This is going to be great!
Originally Posted by noob-saibot: Can we combine the 2 topics/options?

If you can pull it off, yes! You can combine the topics.

04 April 2007
hey SirRon,

I might have unvoluntarily veiled my main inquiry in my last post due to advanced hysteria on my part, so I thought I'd better point it out again:

- starting to learn (2D) animation has been a long dream of mine and I just started out with a few bouncing balls and eerie-to-behold walk cycles.

- I am worried about prerequisite knowledge for this challenge. It sounds like an awful lot of fun, but are total noobs supposed/invited to take the plunge or would you say that community feedback is meant to primarily focus on optimizing existing skills as opposed to rubbing a noobs nose into the basics along the way...?

04 April 2007
I am in this project aswell

Awesome sound track, Lots of ideas for this,greatness.

04 April 2007
I'm in! hope i can handle it ^^ and prove my animation

thank you

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by Mu: hey SirRon,

I might have unvoluntarily veiled my main inquiry in my last post due to advanced hysteria on my part, so I thought I'd better point it out again:

- starting to learn (2D) animation has been a long dream of mine and I just started out with a few bouncing balls and eerie-to-behold walk cycles.

- I am worried about prerequisite knowledge for this challenge. It sounds like an awful lot of fun, but are total noobs supposed/invited to take the plunge or would you say that community feedback is meant to primarily focus on optimizing existing skills as opposed to rubbing a noobs nose into the basics along the way...?

Oh, sorry I missed your question on your last post

I'd say the primary focus for this challenge is to get people to animate. It doesn't matter if you're a fresh noob or a seasoned pro. If you feel confident with your skills enough to do any of the topics then go for it! This could be a great opportunity to improve your skills or push you to new things you might not have experienced if you were on your own. If you feel like you need more time to get the basics there's always next challenge.

Don't be intimidated by the more skilled animators here. Who knows, they might even give you some advice or two on your animation. As much as we'll recognize who did this best job, this is mainly for fun!

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: Well I am interested.

Keep in mind, I am NOT an animator.

-R

[Yoda voice/on] You will be. You WILL be...[Yoda voice/off]

04 April 2007
ok ok ok im in ...lets breath
some questions....does it matter to use free rigs?? and i wanna know if the render and the character has any effect on the judgment?

04 April 2007
Cool audio clip! If I can think of something cool I'd be down to participate!

04 April 2007
I'm interesting about this challenge.

Just one question...Where can I get rigged character for maya to work on lip synch?

Cheers, moutmout.

04 April 2007
If I can find a rig I like and the time to do this I'm in.

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by living_for_cg: ok ok ok im in ...lets breath
some questions....does it matter to use free rigs?? and i wanna know if the render and the character has any effect on the judgment?

"- Use any rig and any animation software you like."

Originally Posted by MoutMout: I'm interesting about this challenge.

Just one question...Where can I get rigged character for maya to work on lip synch?

Cheers, moutmout.

This one should work fine for you. It doesn't have the most extensive set of phonemes - just the necessary.
http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downl...lfred-4295.html

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by InAction: "- Use any rig and any animation software you like."

This one should work fine for you. It doesn't have the most extensive set of phonemes - just the necessary.
http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downl...lfred-4295.html

Thanks soooo much!

It really works great!

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by mttjss: Tyson and Leif in the same room - if you guys are entering I am done! haha

Wow Leif - havent seen you around in ages! Hope Horton is going well(you are still at BS right?)

I think I am gonna try projectile one - possibly 2D.

Can't wait to see the ideas people come up with.

Matt -

Hey Matt,

Not sure I'm going to have time to enter...work is super busy. But I'm really interested to see what everyone comes up with!!

-Leif

Thread Closed share thread