20 June - 30 June 2011 - 2nd Animation competation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by Egeman: Hi Sebek128 , your idea mightbe dangerous i think , imean everyone has different level and skill, for example bouncing ball might be difficult for someone and it might be easy for other, i recomended to manage one person who knows, i dont say i do it or you, but i think someone should do it and manage it at least lets say decided to next competation, as you see we are trying to waking up this section to join maximum people, for example someone won and decided to make very complicated animation, that entry will be less, so the question is , we try to make maximum join to the entry or we want to show our skills and discuss about it, as i say all is ok for me, if everyone says ,who is winner can decided, its also ok for sure, i just said my idea...lets wait and see what people think about it.

Well I think we all agreed that we would like to keep as many participants as possible and work to increase our skills, gradually increasing complexity of our animations.
Everyone just should be aware that we need only a slight difficulty changes for next competitions to keep it available to everyone.

I dont want to suggest a judo fight scene for the next time

The best idea I think is to let the winner choose the topic under Your moderation.
This way You will keep it on right track, and will have a little more motivation do to our best.

06 June 2011
Wow I really didnít think Iíll make it in but, sure enough I found some time in between moving and work, not as much as I hoped. I have to say everyoneís submission so far looks great. Here is mine http://youtu.be/SrKHxBPVj10?hd=1 I welcome any feedback.

06 June 2011
Remember than no matter how heavy the ball is, it has a parabolic trajectory, try to check the curves because the movement of both of these looks a bit unnatural.

07 July 2011
Ok I feel pretty stupid I just rewatch the video I posted and saw the first bounce of the light ball doesnít even touch the ground . For some reason It skips every ninth frame, well I guess thatís last time I try to use my netbook for video encoding. Here is the new link http://youtu.be/nH2-4ntxiYc

Sebek128 thanks for pointing out the trajectories. I been messing around with the curves but I guess the heavy ball needs a little bit more work.

07 July 2011
Hi Everyone,
Here is my Light heavy and jelly fell ball animation i have done. I have took 2 hours to do this full shots and i hope your feed back will make me to correct myself in timing and its must. Thank you all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyG0-RPf5I

07 July 2011
The first 3 bounces of light ball are fine and the next ones looks a bit strange.
The heavy one needs some more work a the moment when it goes of the edge.

The stretch/squash look really fine and its the best out of these.
Good work.

07 July 2011
Originally Posted by Sebek128: Well I think we all agreed that we would like to keep as many participants as possible and work to increase our skills, gradually increasing complexity of our animations.
Everyone just should be aware that we need only a slight difficulty changes for next competitions to keep it available to everyone.

I dont want to suggest a judo fight scene for the next time

The best idea I think is to let the winner choose the topic under Your moderation.
This way You will keep it on right track, and will have a little more motivation do to our best.

lets give vote now so and winner can decided next challange

07 July 2011
I vote for
Pulapula
http://vimeo.com/25795667

Impression of this light ball is really funny, good work.

And my suggestion for next one would be something like car stunt/car crash/car jump, of course really simple and boxy.

07 July 2011
and what will be then? I am going to open new challange or ,someone take this responsibility?

07 July 2011
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Egeman: and what will be then? I am going to open new challange or ,someone take this responsibility?
'

start a new challenge....

07 July 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread