alice in wonderland- alice wants out, Barney Cumming (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2011
alice in wonderland- alice wants out, Barney Cumming (2D)

Title: alice in wonderland- alice wants out
Name: Barney Cumming
Software: Photoshop

this was done as a personal work just to learn, and to try and improve my art and photoshop technique. the topic of "alice in wonderland" was set by guys at work for a casual "art jam" where we all make something along the same theme just for fun.

i work as a 3d animator so don't get to do any drawing or painting in my regular working day and i feel like those skills have been ignored for a long time. so i've been trying to study up on anatomy, lighting, color, perspective etc, working on my drawing and just get back into 2d work in general.

each piece i'm trying to do something new. my usual hand-drawn stuff is cartoony character line drawings with no real shading just a two-tone effect. i have been trying to learn more of a "painting" technique just using color and not drawing everything with outlines. this is one of my first attempts at doing painted shading so i am still trying to find a good technique. also i usually just draw characters with no environment or so i really wanted to try and create "a place" not just some characters.

anyway i would love some critique, i knowmy technique is pretty inconsistent across the piece (falling into more cartoony in some places) and i would love some critique on any of it... i could really use some advice/help on the lighting, so please don't be afraid to show me where i've gone wrong- thats how i'll learn and improve

thanks
-Barney

07 July 2011
Interesting take on the story and I really enjoy the crisp style.

07 July 2011
lovely concept!

dylan dog style, but with an animal twist

cool

07 July 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread