Cow - McDonalds, Carlos Nieto (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2010
Cow - McDonalds, Carlos Nieto (2D)

Title: Cow - McDonalds
Name: Carlos Nieto
Software: Photoshop

A few months ago we developed two adverts for McDonalds at Picasso Pictures , it was directed by Finkbom, I did the the texture for the cows and the birds, the color study for the set and the mattepainting for the background.
This is the first color study we did to get the pitch, :)
Damian Johnston designed the character and I did the color work using (of course) Photoshop.
It was for a pitch.. so there is a lack of details on some areas as you can tell...
I hope you like it!

10 October 2010
Hey thanks! I'm glad you like it. Yep" the idea is to get as much information is possible for the 3D departments...

10 October 2010
awesome mate! How long did it take?

10 October 2010
haha that is really cool! could you tell us a bit about ur approach when working on something like this?

cheers!

10 October 2010
Thanks ! Cool u like it!
Well it too a day as usually working for a pitch,and then a morning getting done the feedbacks from the client.. On this one we finally had to change the "disco" ambient for a normal stable... It was to risky I guess
Actually I've upload on my blog they way I work.. Which is easy, cleaning (masking) the character/bg, first layer with basic color, second layer for the volume, texture (usually from a picture) and then some retouches... I will suggest to add some Diet Coke,maybe some Doritos... And ready to eat! ( I mean... send!)

10 October 2010
Thanks ! Cool u like it!
Well it took a day.. as usually working for a pitch,and then a morning getting done the feedbacks from the client.. On this one we finally had to change the "disco" ambient for a normal stable ambient, it was too risky I guess
Actually I've upload on my blog the way I work.. Which is easy:
Cleaning (masking) the character/bg and then a first layer with the basic colors, a second layer for the volume, texture (usually from a picture) and then some retouches... I will suggest to add some Diet Coke,maybe some Doritos... And ready to eat! ( I mean... send!)

10 October 2010
Thumbs up

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

This cow is COOL like the hell!!! HAHAHAHAHA. You are the man!!!
You have my 5 stars, you truly deserve them!

Could you show the wireframe? I'd love to see it

10 October 2010
Wink

Hey thx buddy!!
I'm really glad you like it
I'm afraid I cant help with the wireframe lol.. I will find the sketch though as its fully 2D

10 October 2010
O_o

WOW!!! I've just read that!!! I simply assumed it was 3D as... it looks bloody 3D!
mmm... yeah... "Show me your wireframe" doesn't really help here, hahaha. Show me... a sketch? hahahaa

Amazing stuff!

10 October 2010
Thumbs up

Awesome!! I really like the mood. Could you post some sketches to see the process??

10 October 2010
Thanks guys!
Sure, I will find the drawing to show how it works

11 November 2010
i like the character, nicely rendered

http://seanmaximus.blogspot.com/

11 November 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread