Fox Shaman, Zsuzsa Tasi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2010
Fox Shaman, Zsuzsa Tasi (2D)

Title: Fox Shaman
Name: Zsuzsa Tasi
Software: Photoshop

This was painted as somekind of selfportrait. It shows the spirit of the fox within and following around the shaman.
It is a honor for nature and totem spirit.
Used PS7 and genius pen.

Comments are welcome.

10 October 2010
Great work! Congrats.

10 October 2010
I love it! The painterly style with hard edges is unusual in a world of smooth-textured cg portraits. I like the vibrant choice of colours, dynamic posture (not entirely relaxed, looks energised), and the shaman/tribal narrative is pretty cool!

I think that the head looks a bit too large for the body though, and also the face looks rather masculine to me but I don't know if this was intentional? I don't normally have issue with stuff like that, except that I genuinely thought she was male until the rest of the image loaded and I realised it was a handsome female!

I really hope that does not come across the wrong way - this is a very well rendered piece and I look forward to more of your work!

10 October 2010
Hi there! Your concetion is awsome! It's a really beautiful piece. But as the previous commenter said, her face look a bit masculine. I dn't really mind about it, because the whole image has integrity. Great work!

10 October 2010
Akash - beautiful work!! From me AWARD!!

10 October 2010
i really like your painterly approach. looks very nice.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

10 October 2010
i like the details in the surrounding, beautiful loose stokes great job!

http://seanmaximus.blogspot.com/

10 October 2010
I like your style, this is really nice work.

10 October 2010
Beautiful work. The way how you balanced out the foreground and background is really inspiring. Great painting !
There is only one thing that stands out a bit to me - the rock she's standing on has this bright/hard edge (right under her knee) that looks a bit odd. Maybe the value is too high, but maybe it's only me
Amazing work !

10 October 2010
Great work! I think you have strong knowledge of classic art cheers!

10 October 2010
Thank you all the nice comments!

Yes many said that the face is masculin. It's ok , I don'T like loreal-look pretty faces, especially when they are drawn for a warrior or something like that. Because it makes the picture not so serious and huny-bunny.

And yes, a mistake with the head size, I think too it's a little big, but I didn't recognized until other said.

And the big rock is clearer because she used to use it as a table, when she collects herbs in the forest, and sit on it very often. That's why it's not mossy.

10 October 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread