Please do not forget us !, Arata Yokoyama (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
Please do not forget us !, Arata Yokoyama (2D)

Title: Please do not forget us !
Name: Arata Yokoyama
Software: Photoshop

There are various expressions in Japan besides the realism.
Paper cutout style, The Showa retro style, etc....
It is a starting point of today's Japanese anime expression.
This work tried to combine these.

Used Photoshop CS2

07 July 2010
Interesting concept.Your color scheme gives the image a retro vibe. nice work!

07 July 2010
Hi again Arata, This is very interested work again! you know...about the dimension of this picture is very flat and it is quite similar with Thai traditional painting (Thai culture painting, on the wall in the temple) Flat style but still show the perspective!! Awesome and post more, please

*Thai traditional painting http://www.hamanan.com/tour/bangkok/imagewatprakeaw/dsc2381.jpg

07 July 2010
Thank you reply for all !

And hello again, Wanchana. Yeah, I knew Thai traditional painting. They are very interesting ! In a traditional painting of Asia, the many are Flat style. Thai, China, and of course, Japan is too. We of today have a lot of chances to touch the history and the technology of the West painting on the other hand. Here CGsociety is a very interesting place in such a meaning. I want to touch the painting of a lot of foreign countries here, and to draw the picture that makes the best use of the tradition of the home country.

07 July 2010
I love this very nice! great work in your portfolio as well post more!

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by BaNaNaBoNa: Thank you reply for all !

And hello again, Wanchana. Yeah, I knew Thai traditional painting. They are very interesting ! In a traditional painting of Asia, the many are Flat style. Thai, China, and of course, Japan is too. We of today have a lot of chances to touch the history and the technology of the West painting on the other hand. Here CGsociety is a very interesting place in such a meaning. I want to touch the painting of a lot of foreign countries here, and to draw the picture that makes the best use of the tradition of the home country.

YEAH!! That why I add you to the favourite artist!, Love your style and your attitude about the art is very very great So, looking foward to see your new and Keep it up brother! Cheers

07 July 2010
I agree with the rest. interesting concept and a great portfolio! Keep up the good work.

07 July 2010
Very good work, I love the style and specially the girl on the front

07 July 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread