My Enemy, Patryk Olejniczak (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
My Enemy, Patryk Olejniczak (2D)

Title: My Enemy
Name: Patryk Olejniczak
Software: Photoshop

Classic "hero against skeleton" art that I am never tired watching.
Lot of references used here (some bodybuilder torso, exact reference for the helmet and shield that I found on the net). I experimented a lot on this one I also realize that pose is a bit bizarre, the initial sketch differed a bit from this one.
Done in CS2. Comments and critics are welcome.

07 July 2010
Hey Patryk.

Is that reaper like an inner demon of this?. I like how it is almost faded from himself. The colours in this image make it seem very "internal" to me. Like this really is a inner personal struggle. The only crit I have for this is that the shield seem very small in scale. But that only emphasizes that he wants to protect himself from that enemy of his.

Really nice colours in this Patryk, good job

07 July 2010
good job man , i like it

07 July 2010
Amazing work!

07 July 2010
So amazing!

07 July 2010
This is fantastic. I love the fact that you've managed to find a balance between literal and abstract with your style and composition. I can't really think of much to crit, other than that it might have been nice to have a bit more use of complimentary colour, as your image is overall perhaps a little too warm. But this is something that's very much a personal choice, and I'm assuming your strong use of warm tones was intentional, to give the image some aggression.

Lovely stuff, front page.

07 July 2010
Amazing man. I like your style

07 July 2010
Impressive!! nice colors and very well composed , congrats

reverse_day@yahoo.com

07 July 2010
The close up view of the helmet is indeed amazing, like the reaper too!

As for my humble critques, I do think the arm could be improved with some work. love this piece, congrats! =)

07 July 2010
Wow! Awesome work. Love the colours! It fits the image perfectly!

07 July 2010
Good stuff!

Great image and color usage. I wish the face could have been rendered a bit clearer though. I know there is a lot of grit and action in the scene but viewing the pain and anguish in the face could have really enhanced the shot.

But again great work!

07 July 2010
Interesting, but the sword in his hand doesn't fit right, looks to strange, like you put it there without taking care of angle and grip, i don't feel weight of it.

M

07 July 2010
When I was drawing I wanted to build a character myth who has been through battles that brought him fame and glory. The idea was to create a nightmare in which the hero is facing the reaper/skeleton. At the same time my intention was to keep it look as if it was a classic fantasy/rpg painting
In the initial sketch the male's face showed more suprise and scare. In the final image I deceided to change it into struggle with the reaper to show his inevitable and exhausting life or death fight.

Thank you for the constructive crittics and pointing out the things that i might have omitted or done wrong. I will draw conclusions from them for the future.

I would also like to say thank you for the forum front page, it is a real distinction when you can see your work there. I never thought that it would happen so fast (if ever). This is a great stimulus for me to work harder in order to become better and more prolific/versatile artist.

Stay healthy and till next update

Last edited by patryk-garrett : 07 July 2010 at 09:00 PM.

07 July 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread