here my new matte painting., quentin mabille (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
here my new matte painting., quentin mabille (2D)

Title: here my new matte painting.
Name: quentin mabille
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

hello,

this my new matte painting i made this with 3D block model i created in 3dsmax, for the tree i made with zbrush and a little bit of displace, after i push the level of detail with a lot of photography i have take myself in forest, and off course lot of paint.
so i hope you like it.

here the good dimensions/quality :
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5850/matte2k.jpg

07 July 2010
Thumbs up What Peacefull

Wow ! Great job, five stars for me, nothing else to say.
I'm tryin' to do a little mattepainting by myself and I really appreciate your work.

I hope I'll could progress by studying your artworks with many attention, or maybe requiering some lessons !

07 July 2010
Hats off...this is truly amazing! The composition with the large mass on the right and the open space on the left is very well balanced, in my opinion. And the aerial atmosphere you achieved is just breathtaking making me really want to be in this place. Congratulations (on this piece and all your portfolio!)...

07 July 2010
thanks

thanks for your comments i am verry happy andrea cuz i like your work (off course your landscape in your avatar oO ) and you say exactly what i want to do in this pictures... so i'm happy today thanks

07 July 2010
Great work! The light is beautiful, congratulations

07 July 2010
nicely done, I like how its all peaceful

07 July 2010
Great Job ClacClac !!! You're the best my friend

07 July 2010
hey it's really well done!

but don't you see the size of the leaves at the very back compared to the people?they are enormous!!
theres obviously a problem with the proportions here

07 July 2010
Awesome job!
Moonchild is probably right but I like it all the same. Maybe it is some planet where tree leaves are gigantic ?
Wonderful detail, composition, lighting and atmosphere!
I like your style. Keep up the quality work!

Beau boulot! Bravo ŕ toi!

07 July 2010
I really like the scale and the whole composition you've got here. Great work !!!
When I zoomed in, I realized that the leaves at the back looked giganormous - as moonchild said, I think that's the only thing that stood out for me. C'est vraiment de l'excellent boulot l'ami !

07 July 2010
hie,

thanks for all yours comments, you are right maybe the scale of the leave are not realistic, but like dernhelm say we can imagine this tree have gigantic leave... i hope the feeling, the atmosphere "under a forest" are more importants than this detail, hope you like it despite that.
and hope you understand me when i speak english ^^

regards.

07 July 2010
Wonderful uplifting piece! I really love the atmosphere of this, especially there is some kind of weather out there right now here at Budapest...

You probably spent hack of a time to mask those trees (or alpha channel??)
Btw, I like those huge leaves in the background. Moves the concept to a more artistic way... just an impression, a feeling, if you like it... and emphasize the vastness of the wood with that wide open lawn. I also love the lighting details on the main figure.

I wonder if you have any wip or tutorial for this?

Thanks for sharing! Keep it up!

07 July 2010
thanks zosci i am happy about what you say...

yes i take a lot of time for take photography of tree with the sky on background, that's more easy for create a mask, but in reality i dont try to do that perfectly because for me that's the feeling who is the more important not the detail so i hope the effects works when you open it.

soon i create a website for my portfolio where you can found tutorials and diferents technical way for create a matte painting.

regards.

07 July 2010
Thumbs up

Really greaaaatt young padawan The frame and lighting is perfect !

07 July 2010
Awesome my friend, the lighting is perfect, ambiance is perfect, i am in your artwork and i listen the leaves crackle with the wind.
So beautiful day, ^^.
Very good as always!! 5 stars for me.
See you Quentin.

Last edited by ezechiel : 07 July 2010 at 02:21 AM.

Thread Closed share thread