The Reaper Chinese Version , botak yeoh (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
The Reaper Chinese Version , botak yeoh (2D)

Title: The Reaper Chinese Version
Name: botak yeoh
Software: Photoshop

it's a creature from chinese myth, when people dying, they will come and take away their life, kind of like "reaper"

this guy have horse's face and his partner would be in cow's face, they usually doing their mission together.

Redesign this legendary creature is fun, my thought on redesign this was modern looking, punker accesories and mix it up with chinese element.

12 December 2009
Eery!

Very creepy, but very cool. Reminds me of something from a nightmare I might have or even one of the SAW movies. I feel like there should be more going on in the background and a little more action with his right hand.

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by niiicckkmaheeya: Very creepy, but very cool. Reminds me of something from a nightmare I might have or even one of the SAW movies. I feel like there should be more going on in the background and a little more action with his right hand.

the only thing i can think of which is from SAW and look similiar to my character would be the pig head

maybe the right hand can cast some sort of spell right?

12 December 2009
Cool work!I was thingking what's in the book then,and I soon realize it's a pictrue of牛头(what we call this "reaper").
He is very cool in your pictrue and I'm impressed much,cuz in Chinese fine art and literature he is a little indiffrent and don't do much harm to people:-)He and his companion 马面(the horse man),are seen normal and acceptable to us,we understand they are just doing there work.Who make us really and most scared are 黑白无常...two ghosts working for the hell.

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by RiverKing: Cool work!I was thingking what's in the book then,and I soon realize it's a pictrue of牛头(what we call this "reaper").
He is very cool in your pictrue and I'm impressed much,cuz in Chinese fine art and literature he is a little indiffrent and don't do much harm to people:-)He and his companion 马面(the horse man),are seen normal and acceptable to us,we understand they are just doing there work.Who make us really and most scared are 黑白无常...two ghosts working for the hell.

glad u like that, good news is i did planning on drawing another character of his partner, the cow face then i suppose would be the "黑白无常", this is a very interesting title for me to work on...don't u think it would be so fun if both the actual "reaper" and them show up together? it's like marvel vs capcom......maybe it's a little bit over......

12 December 2009
Cool

Thanks for your reply:-)
I realize suddenly that in the Ghost movies I had seen in my childhood,the HeyBye come to take soul of a dying people with hook and chain,then Bull-Head and Horse-Face will send it to the hell along the whole Yellow-Fountain Road:-)It seems that HyeBye are superior and more powerful than the two in animal forms...
But I can't assure that it's totally right;-)
Haha,you're creative,I like your idea.

12 December 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread