Lachin, Roberto Oleotto (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2009
Lachin, Roberto Oleotto (2D)

Title: Lachin
Name: Roberto Oleotto
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

Hi everyone!
This is my last matte painting: "lachin". I've done done it for the fanmovie metal gear solid philantropy. It was created entirely on photoshop except the village: it's done by lamberto azzariti with 3dstudio max

10 October 2009
Yehh, feel like I got wings now.Great atmospheric painting!Love the light and the serene feel you get when watching it.

10 October 2009
Great work Roberto.

I like the view and environment.

10 October 2009
What a wonderful environment piece, Fantastic work!

10 October 2009
Yes, very good stuff!
I really like the attention to details and atmosphere! That's is really nice!
Only things what I would say is... that blue color on the sky is too much blue-more like a concept, not realistic.
Also its maybe only me, but there is something with very middle hill, what is saying, is too even, or in very middle. Maybe a bit change the shape of the hill or shape of the river + mountains. All of them have the same curve shape. One, two three..and in the middle.

I am not saying is bad work, actually that kind of quality of landscapes are very rare at this time! I am just a bit picky, because I really like it. If I wouldn't, I would not say a word and just look at it and leave the thread if you know what I mean.

Last thing. It deserve to be more wide!

Pls, don't hate me for crit. man
Gerardo

10 October 2009
thnx guys!

Originally Posted by degerardo: Yes, very good stuff!
I really like the attention to details and atmosphere! That's is really nice!
Only things what I would say is... that blue color on the sky is too much blue-more like a concept, not realistic.
Also its maybe only me, but there is something with very middle hill, what is saying, is too even, or in very middle. Maybe a bit change the shape of the hill or shape of the river + mountains. All of them have the same curve shape. One, two three..and in the middle.

I am not saying is bad work, actually that kind of quality of landscapes are very rare at this time! I am just a bit picky, because I really like it. If I wouldn't, I would not say a word and just look at it and leave the thread if you know what I mean.

Last thing. It deserve to be more wide!

Pls, don't hate me for crit. man
Gerardo

Thanks Gerardo!
I'm really glad about your comment, I need critics to improve my works, expecially from A professionist like you!
Thanks again!

10 October 2009
A lot of details, very nice work!

10 October 2009
Good work, very beautiful environment!

10 October 2009
beautiful work

10 October 2009
Thumbs up

Dude, I bet this would make a great up close and enlarged image covering, say, maybe an entire wall. The detail would be astounding. It looks great right now, but this image size just doesn't do it justice. Keep it up, though. Nice work.

10 October 2009
great landscape, I'd go with Degerardo about the sky but other than that, the few rocks in the foreground(left) could use a better lightning, otherwise nice job

my critique was only for a bit more perfectionism :P

10 October 2009
This is simply a marvelous piece!

Fantastic work!

10 October 2009
This is a spectacular landscape scene. The kind of scene I would love to replicate using Terragen2. A long way to go before I can do that, though. The only critique I hesitate to make is to touch up the buildings of the village to better define them from the green they are sitting on.

10 October 2009
Great mattepainting, the color and the atmosphere are very good

10 October 2009
Thumbs up

Very cool job, I like it so much!

Portfolio

Thread Closed share thread