Star Trek Space Battle, Chris Legaspi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2009
Star Trek Space Battle, Chris Legaspi (2D)

Title: Star Trek Space Battle
Name: Chris Legaspi
Software: Photoshop

Star Trek space battle illustration for PC Gamer, Sep 09 issue. Rendered in PS. Total time = 10 hrs including research, revisions and coffe breaks :)

09 September 2009
This has got to be one of the best Star Trek paintings I've seen, great job! Only critique I have is that I would have liked to have seen more light from the Federation's phaser illuminate it's hull. You've done a awesome job with the light from the weapons on the two klingon ships though. And dude... I love that explosion

09 September 2009
The individual elements of this painting look top notch, but the overall composition is not good
Its not one thing but a lot of small mistakes which make the composition not sit right in my opinion..For example the difference between the direction of the trail of the ship and the direction of the laser beam- the trail takes the composition to the upper right corner while the beam directs your eye to the lower right corner
i also think the slight cut of the bird of prays wing is not good. it creates a visual knot in the upper left corner of the image while the action directs you to the lower right....
The direction of the laser beam imho is also awkwardly placed...
I feel there are alot of small mistakes like this which makes the composition suffer...

in other respect excellent stuff!

09 September 2009
Very dynamic, and the color is also very good. Good work!

09 September 2009
FIRE AND EXPLOSIONS LOOK BEST IN THE DARK. AND YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT IN THIS PIECE. GREAT WORK.

09 September 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread