Portrait of a Beacon, Elizabeth Le (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
Portrait of a Beacon, Elizabeth Le (2D)

Title: Portrait of a Beacon
Name: Elizabeth Le
Software: Painter

Columnist Andrew Sullivan, on his blog for The Nation magazine, wrote that he grieved for Jackson "but I also grieve for the culture that created and destroyed him."

"That culture is ours, and it is a lethal and brutal one: With fame and celebrity as its core values, with money as its sole motive, it chewed this child up and spat him out," Sullivan wrote. "I hope he has the peace now he never had in his life. And I pray that such genius will not be so abused again."
---

well, I just wanted...or more like needed to do this. He was the soundtrack of my childhood and so much more.

I think I used about two weeks on and off on this, just listening to his music as I drew...it was kind of painful and enjoyable at the same time. A little weird really, but that's how it was.

The reference photo, well I used several, but the main photo that I used (link: http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=561QP1e2&i=1141523 ) was really so poor in terms of quality that it was difficult to see when the lines stopped and the shadings started. Sometimes it just literally drove me insane. But anyways, since I couldn't really dig in on the details as I'm used to I guess the result didn't turn out the best...but then again, maybe it wouldn't have made any difference...who knows...

Thanks for viewing =)

08 August 2009
Thumbs up Good

Way to go, this is really good. I like his expression and the background. The hair is very well made too..

Good Luck

08 August 2009
Smile

This is probably the first drawing i have seen of Micheal Jackson and I might say you did a wonderful job of recreating him. I love his facial expression. Its very sad to see him go so soon, he will be missed. Fantastic work I love it! Great job on the details especially his eyes. That would be the first thing i see. You can probably try selling it as a poster on ebay, im sure people out there would buy it in an instant! Take care for now.

08 August 2009
Great tribute to a great star..wonderfully done..

08 August 2009
I like MJ very much too, this works are very vivid, I like very much

Welcome to appreciate my works, please give me some opinions, thanks

08 August 2009
Goog work

Regards

08 August 2009
thanks everyone, for your feedbacks. I really appreciate it.

ShogunWarrior: thank you for the comment. To me, whenever doing a portrait, the eyes are always the most crucial part. So yeah, happy that you like =) ~ don't think I'm gonna try selling it though...not because I think it's such a wonderful picture that I want to keep it by myself, but more like the opposite...heehee. Thanks for the idea though =)

08 August 2009
I think MJ would've been honored to receive such an amazing portrait. This is exceptional.

08 August 2009
I love it...R.I.P MJ

08 August 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread