Mermaid of the lake, Irene Zeleskou (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
Mermaid of the lake, Irene Zeleskou (2D)

Title: Mermaid of the lake
Name: Irene Zeleskou
Software: Photoshop

One of my first digital paintings. Started with a pencil/watercolor sketch back in 2007, then i reworked it a lot and slowly turned the way it looks now.
Used photoshop cs3 and wacom graphire 4.

I wanted to depict a goldfish mermaid having a odd meeting with some ghost fairies who surround her trying to cast a spell on her.

It is one of my most overworked paintings so far and was an experimentation with new colors and hues as well as painting of the water and magical elements.

Hope you like!

08 August 2009
Thumbs up

Pretty good for one of your first digital paintings. Nice style and cool color choice. It really enhances the fantasy theme. I can see the fairies circling her, but I don't quite get that they're casting a spell. Also, she isn't look at them. Her eyes are looking forward. Keep it up though. This is a good start. Nice work.

08 August 2009
Excellent work! Keep it up!!

08 August 2009
Originally Posted by linainverse23: Pretty good for one of your first digital paintings. Nice style and cool color choice. It really enhances the fantasy theme. I can see the fairies circling her, but I don't quite get that they're casting a spell. Also, she isn't look at them. Her eyes are looking forward. Keep it up though. This is a good start. Nice work.

thank you very much! It looked much worse back in 2007 but i kept changing all stuff all the time as i learned more about painting techniques

08 August 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread