You never catch the dragon, David Levy (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2009   #16
GREAT work!
Best regards, Selwy

Old 04 April 2009   #17
Well looks like you did make it there after all

Congrats M8, lovely piece.
Before your explanation I thought the idea behind it was related to child - labour abuse.
SPECTACULAR grand prize !

Old 04 April 2009   #18
It's been a long time man!
what can I say- when did you learn to paint like that. such amazing improvement at you skills. really cool stuff. grate details, posing, and above all super cool color palate.
keep it up!
Lior

Old 04 April 2009   #19
Very cool work man, Way to go!!

Very nice coloring and lighting, and it seems like you put a lot of thought to things that I didn't understand

Keep it up buddy

Old 04 April 2009   #20
Sweet work, more please.

Old 04 April 2009   #21
So magical! I love works that make ma stay and stare at them for long time. Thank You for that piece

Old 04 April 2009   #22
Wow. Really nice illustration. I like the style.

Old 04 April 2009   #23

My sketchbook thread

Old 04 April 2009   #24
Thanks for the comments and the front page!

Slewy - Thanks a lot, that means a lot coming from you. I love you work!

Lior - You'd be surprised at how much of my improvement was initiated and motivated thanks to you from our brief interactions in cgisrael... So thank you for that, too

nubbnubb - Funny you should put it that way, because I got the same feeling watching your gallery. I absolutely love your style!

Itay - seems like you made it by the skin of your teeth

Thanks again!

Old 04 April 2009   #25
wonderful illustration, technically very impressive!

Old 04 April 2009   #26
I love it!!

What happens if she stops running?

Great work

Old 04 April 2009   #27
Very very interesting image, sometimes in the middle of all the artwork that we find everywhere on the internet you find things that like your image have a lot of different meanings, qualities like this take the usual "nice looking image" into something symbolic, and in your particualr style it is some kind of modern visual poetry, and this is no easy feat-

Actually is quite uncommon, specially for the deliberate? use of the dragon and circular symbology which is very well know in many traditions like alchemy with the ouoboros or the samsara wheel on india, always rotating, always hurting ourselves and keep chasing something that like a bubble seems to be ephemeral- like the doctrine of the eternal return in Nietzche--- now the entry of wikipedia for the slang chasing the dragon is very interesting, but why a dragon? it could have been.. I dont know, maybe a butterfly or something else.. but there are certain patterns of simbolic imagery in our minds that speak directly to our heritage as humans. maybe I am going too far with the speculations, but one thing is for sure, across the ages eternal simbols find their way in art, maybe trying to find the deep meaning of all of this simbology and stuff is difficult (if not impossible, actually feels like making a wheel rotate) but perhaps our true "direction" is to give new life to this kind of ideas, translate them to a modern language--

And personally when I find something that is as clear and well executed as your image (instead of the crazy non sense dreams of modern "art") I like to keep them close as my personal favourites! I got a new wallpaper haha

Good luck! and happy painting!

B-

<))))<
fishies

Old 04 April 2009   #28
brilliant work.....congrats David.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 04 April 2009   #29
I simply LOVE it.

Old 04 April 2009   #30
Great job Dave!!! Glad to see you're still finding time to produce such great works.

Thread Closed share thread