Kativa, Tiziano Baracchi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2009   #16
Please, nothing to be sorry about!!

Thank you so much for the plug and the great praise, honestly I'm still to stunned to be more articulate...

Old 05 May 2009   #17
Congrats, well deserved!

She looks beautiful, her eyes draw you in!

Excellent work

Old 05 May 2009   #18
Her facial expression is superb! Good job!

Old 05 May 2009   #19
superb job, fantastic realism.

Bravissimo.

Old 05 May 2009   #20
Impressive Job

that‘s a great job,and very impressive,i love it.hopping to see the next one...

Old 05 May 2009   #21
Thank you very much, mille grazie !

Old 05 May 2009   #22
Portrait commission? I wasn't aware collectors were paying for digital files now. I'm guessing this would have paid much more if it were a real traditional painting. Did you have a choice or what it requested to be digital?

Old 05 May 2009   #23
Sweet work .

regards

Old 05 May 2009   #24
EricUNSL : Most of the portraits in my gallery are commissions from private clients. Indeed, a potrtait in traditional would have a different price tag.

Most of the clients are role-players or want / need to use the portrait on line (as personal image or as part of a website)
In this case the client stated no preference, I went for digital because it was handier (no set-up time, so if there's a spare quarter of an hour I can use it painting).

phoenix Thank you

Old 05 May 2009   #25
Great image, indeed.
However, I have two things to comment. The skin is way too clean. And if is winter people get red in the cheeks. Because it lacks any spots, looks like a mask or an overedited photo. Now I know when you are dealing with clients the best thing ou can do is to do their way.
The other thing is the finger in the foreground. My girlfriend is psichologist, and she said it is an agressive image, when you have that finger in the foreground. It was about the election campaign posters, when every candidate had the index finger right in your face.
Love the way you did the fur, though.

Old 05 May 2009   #26
Complimenti, proprio un bel lavoro !!!

Old 05 May 2009   #27
Now, this is awesome!

I miei complimenti!

Old 05 May 2009   #28
Originally Posted by Leionaaad: Great image, indeed.
However, I have two things to comment. The skin is way too clean. And if is winter people get red in the cheeks. Because it lacks any spots, looks like a mask or an overedited photo. Now I know when you are dealing with clients the best thing ou can do is to do their way.
The other thing is the finger in the foreground. My girlfriend is psichologist, and she said it is an agressive image, when you have that finger in the foreground. It was about the election campaign posters, when every candidate had the index finger right in your face.
Love the way you did the fur, though.

First: the skin...this is a fantasy portrait, her people ride snow-unicorns in an imaginary world and are perfectly adapted to its climate, as such, I consciously avoided winter chafing. It is perfectly within your right to prefer more realistic images, of course, but I would not count either choice as a mistake.

Second, the finger: she is not pointing her finger at the viewer (that would indeed be aggressive) the way she holds it, for myself, the client and...everybody else that has seen it up to now, really, means 'wait a minute', 'hold'. in particular combined with her facial expression.

Because it lacks any spots, looks like a mask or an overedited photo

Sorry, that's you again. No photo-elements were incorporated in this image, everything (including textures) is fully painted.

Galvo, Neurolinked Mille grazie! It's great to 'meet' others from the Italian contingent on CGSociety.

Old 05 May 2009   #29
Thumbs up

love the expression, just love it.

Old 05 May 2009   #30
Good job Thaldir.

Thread Closed share thread