Kativa, Tiziano Baracchi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2009   #1
Kativa, Tiziano Baracchi (2D)

Title: Kativa
Name: Tiziano Baracchi
Software: Painter, Photoshop

My latest commissioned portrait (Portrait Adoption-style commission)
Kativa the character is property of ms. Ellen Million, she was described as a rather emotion-charged character, often mischievious and impulsive.

Old 04 April 2009   #2
Great work, very expressive!

I love the eyes, very beautiful, lots of details. Very well done.

Miguel Couto

DeviantArt:
http://shidoev.deviantart.com

Old 04 April 2009   #3
Good one...!!!"

Old 04 April 2009   #4
Talking

Oh, great job. I love your figure work and skin tone renderings and textures. It's so well balanced between the various textures (some fur here, leather there, skin here, snow over there, etc...). Only question is whether the little flecks on the hood of the coat are snow/debris or tinges of color for the fur of an animal that has a spotty coloration? I'm asking more out of curiosity.

I really appreciate the attention to detail here with such a close up image. The light, almost bumby texture of the leather of the outfit is discernable and fades or strengthen depending on it's depth or focus. I think her left eye may be a little higher than the right (her left, our right), but the rendering of the eyes, nose and mouth are very well done. I like the paler color of the lips and how the wrinkles of the lips are more noticable, giving her a slightly chapped-lip look one could expect from being in that environment. Great attention to detail that further incorporates her into the environment.

Her skin tone is really good, especially the reflected warm color on her left cheek. The shape of the right cheek would've been hard to capture value-wise due it's wise surface area, but you did a great job with just enough blush to capture the shape of the cheek bone. A great touch that shows a deep understanding for skin rendering (especially with various colors to make values, instead of using blacks and such. Give her skin a "clean" look). I almost didn't notice the braid coming down, but it was the flow of the texture of the hair that defined it. A surprisingly nice effect to use texture as an indentifying feature (whether intentional or not ).

Her environment is clear even though it's very blurred (I know you're good with environments from you previous works). Great rendering, and a lovely, close-up composition. Apart from the eye I mentioned early, everything seems spot on. A cool atmosphere permeates throughout to carry on the cold feeling of the enivornment. Very nice. Great job with this one. It's on of my favorites from you portfolio. Love it.

Old 04 April 2009   #5
immaculate job of her face! I also found that the fur and her leather glove were also very clear. Her eyes especially stand out. This is a great picture, the only thing I didn't like though was her hair line at the top of her head.

-mozen

www.terryibele.com

Old 04 April 2009   #6
nice portrait! great details and colors!

Old 04 April 2009   #7
Very beautiful.

Great detail level.

Old 04 April 2009   #8
The face have a very nice sense of volume, somthing that is very hard to achive with such subtle value shifts. Impressive.

Old 04 April 2009   #9
miguelcouto, direndra : thank you very much!

linainverse23: thank you for your appreciation and the in-depth comment , the flecks are supposed to be semi-frozen snow (still working on my snow...)
I checked that eye a few times, it still doesn't look off to me, even mirrored (and that can be the problem of course), I'll be sure to pay extra attention in my next pieces.

mozen Thank you, . What is it that you don't like about the hair? Is it on her forehead, where the hair turn towards the left?

patrickdigi, leocda, Mathorne A thousand thanks!

Old 04 April 2009   #10
Good work

Old 04 April 2009   #11
good job! she's very beautiful and very impressive!

Old 04 April 2009   #12
@ Crayfish & AlucardCg : Thank you !

Old 05 May 2009   #13
Congrats, on the front page Tiziano! Beautiful work. The depth of field and colours are awesome.

Old 05 May 2009   #14
Featured?! I didn't know...

Thank you, Samuraikuroi, thanks a lot!

Old 05 May 2009   #15
Originally Posted by Thaldir: Featured?! I didn't know...

Thank you, Samuraikuroi, thanks a lot!

sorry it took so long, but to be honest i didnt see the image until it showed up in our "plugging system" once the image was brought to our attention it just had to be plugged i think.

love the gals face.

cheers and hope to see more from you.

Thread Closed share thread