Autumn, Maria Abagnale (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
Autumn, Maria Abagnale (2D)

Title: Autumn
Name: Maria Abagnale
Software: Photoshop

A illustration fanart made by me in 2005.
Fanart from Harry Potter Fandom.

Autumn colors, soft shadows to give a lovely feeling.
The main point is in them eyes linked.

Detail: here

Step by Step : here

04 April 2009
Good job Maria! Just a couple of comments though. The girls face is beautiful but her hair seems a little flat (2 dimensional). Maybe some more highlights are needed. Also, the boys eye is too squinted. Might look better if it was more open.

04 April 2009
Cool

How ironic, I'm rereading (for the umptenth time) Harry Potter (book five) right now. For a moment I thought the girl's outfit was too dark for such a warm background, then it sunk it who it was and I was like "ooohhhh...". Nice effect. Cute fanart. Love how you did Ron. The background might be too warm. The colors blends so well that it's like a block of heat. Maybe a little more detail or color variation for depth to break up it's almost monotone color.

I don't mean to pick on it, but I'm in SoCal and it's over 90 degrees outside, and looking at this painting makes me feel really warm (this piece would be perfect for winter). The trees and environmental layout are very nice, though. I do kind of wish that Hermione's hair was more bushy (up to you). It's definitely got that warm, loving atmosphere. Great job.

04 April 2009
Maria this is totally sweet. the colors and the atmosphere all well painted, good job

regards

04 April 2009
Lovely piece you've made, the colours are fabulous. Personally I'd like a wee bit stronger shadows underneath the characters - right now they appear somewhat floaty. Could be just me tho.

04 April 2009
I knew who it was before I even read the description! The mood is wonderful!

04 April 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread