But I Don't Believe in You, Nick Harris (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2008
But I Don't Believe in You, Nick Harris (2D)

Title: But I Don't Believe in You
Name: Nick Harris
Software:

Just done for a challenge at Pixelbrush.com entitled Myth. Being rather undecisive and with o many wonderful myths to choose from, all with magical moments, I was spoiled for choice. So I went a different way and began to wonder if mythological beings would believe in each other and what if they didn't. So if the Grim Reaper doesn't believe in Faeries - does that kill them?

I also used this as an exerise to push ArtRage again. This is totally ArtRage 2.5. Only the text was added in Photoshop. I've even avoided colour adjustment etc, to see what happens.
Totally made up without reference as per usual.

Copyright Nick Harris 2008

05 May 2008
Beautiful work, my Friend! You have such a great style There's always a subtle sense of magic in your illustrations.

This one is serene and disturbing at the same time - the contrast of two opposites - life and death. This is also underlined by the autumn leafs.

Five stars

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

05 May 2008
And it's beautiful as per usual Nick! I was just thinking that since the focal point in ol' grim and the interaction between him and the water fairy, you could have the other fairy slightly darker and in shadow behind the leaves. Right now my eye goes straight to that top fairy first.

You gonna share this with the pound?

Nice to see your post. Take care.

EW

05 May 2008
amazing colours! love the way you captured the moment ..

05 May 2008
Hmm, I wonder who doesn't believe in whom? The Grim Reaper in the Fairies, or the Fairies in the Grim Reaper...

05 May 2008
Sublime Nick, as I've said elsewhere. The play of light, the expressions of confusion and wariness you've captured - I love it. One thing I'm picking up more on second viewing is the fearlessness of the fairies. Just excellent work Nick. Phil

05 May 2008
wow,this is amazing,in ArtRage of all things What I like about this is the fact that,despite being in the triangle created by their three heads..the reaper's scythe is played down...it's their wonderful expressions that cause the viewer to wonder what they are thinking,and pity the poor faeries!...very impresssive

05 May 2008
Thumbs up

the unkown story is beginning!

nice work!!!

05 May 2008
Thumbs up Hi!

Fantastic painting! Beautiful colors.

I really like it.

05 May 2008
Wow, nice contrast in characters I like it... and I love the fairies.

*wave*

Nicole

05 May 2008
wow I love it..

05 May 2008
Love your world Nick !

05 May 2008
Thanks for all the helpful and nice feedback guys. Always appreciate your dropping by.

05 May 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread