"Suicide Blonde", Reynan Sanchez (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2008   #46
Outsanding pic !! Every aspect of it is great: palette, compo, character design ..... And despite some of the previous comments, i like the fact that there's only a subtle difference between the foreground and the background because the picture is perfetly readable this way. Great work ! 5 stars.

Old 03 March 2008   #47
Very nice concept and style! You nailed the composition!

Old 03 March 2008   #48
Super Duper, the movement, colors, anatomy, all ace, well done!

Old 03 March 2008   #49
Nice illustration, it's good to see some 2d for a change, i could totally imagine this animated, nice composition, colours and poses, i do agree with the shadows on the torso of the female character, maybe you could bring those out some more, otherwise nice work man, keep drawing..!

Old 03 March 2008   #50
Thumbs up

I love the form and lighting you have here. The subtle motion blurr in the foreground says a lot too. These baddies are going to get what is coming to them! The color scheme meets the challenge too, the Orange and Blue are used very well. Most of all, this is spectacular design, drawing, and painting! I can see that this was Most enjoyable for you to do. Keep doing this, we love it.

Old 03 March 2008   #51
Thats a really great piece indeed! Rather than being flat compared to the rest, i think the rendering on the womans back brings your eyes to her and creates some kind of focal point in itself.

If i were to change anything, i think the palette is maybe a littlebit "too" red. (a matter of taste perhaps) And i feel the beast carrying the bad-guys doesnt have a very scary expression. Maybe it isnt supposed to, but at first glance thats sort of what im expecting it to be. (scary)

Again, a fantastic piece =)

Old 03 March 2008   #52
Smile

Wow, just Wow. The colors are really nice and it is fun to look at.

CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot | My YouTube

Old 03 March 2008   #53
Thumbs up

Nice,I like this color style!

Old 03 March 2008   #54
Wink

this is one of the most impressive image posted here in many time man! i love it

Old 03 March 2008   #55
I really love this pic! So much detail and style! Great colours too.

Im not that keen on the stumpiness of the woman's legs, but i suppose that was a stylistic choice. Keep up the great work.

Old 03 March 2008   #56
your style is killing me

huge

Old 03 March 2008   #57
just wondering, perhaps the concept behind having the main character being flat is to act as the contrast with the finished background as well as being a way of establishing a relationship between the viewer and the character; the feeling i get is that the lady is not just part of the picture, but alive and ready to react to the current danger.

(might not be accurate) but i think this idea of contrast comes from comic art like Jeff Smith's Bone or traditional manga/anime where the characters are visually simplified against a very realistic or detailed background.

academic debate aside, i really like the palette and style.

Old 03 March 2008   #58
great shit dude

all the hate i need inside

Old 03 March 2008   #59
amazing!!!

Old 03 March 2008   #60
Holy Carabao!!!

Outstanding work Reynan. Very impressive.

Thread Closed share thread