Fairy Tale 3 The Goose Girl, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
Fairy Tale 3 The Goose Girl, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Title: Fairy Tale 3 The Goose Girl
Name: Michelle Boulad
Software: Painter

I always loved the Grimm story "The False Bride". In the story, while on her way to wed a neighboring prince, a princess is tricked into losing the magical protection her mother has given her. She ends up being forced to give her identity to a maid servant who takes her clothing and magical talking horse. The princess is made to serve at the castle as the goose girl (with Conrad, who is seen here clutching his hat). When the false bride beheads Falada, the princess's talking horse, the princess manages to get the head hung by the castle gate so she can talk it everyday as she passes.

It's a rather convoluted story, sorry, I can't do it justice here.

This was published in the first issue of Dante's Heart, an online journal that showcases work (written and art) related to fairytales, myth folk lore and fantasy http://www.dantesheart.com/

I loved painting the geese, honeysuckly, baskets and pears best. I was tempted to show drops of blood dripping down on the pears, but squeamishness won out.

Painter, wacom intuos, about 40 hours total.

Happy New Year :D

12 December 2007
Thumbs up

Wow, lovely illustration you got here. Very nice work.

12 December 2007
I love this one! I think that the stones look a bit too soft and the grey parts are a bit too neutral, otherwise it's wonderful!
4 stars

01 January 2008
bradyscott thanks for the comment and Happy New Year

Dianae, thanks for the C&C...I've heard similar critique of my stone/rock work in the past, so it must be something I need to brush up on more Thanks for the stars and happy New Year

01 January 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread