Too Many Pets, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #1
Too Many Pets, Michelle Boulad (2D)

Title: Too Many Pets
Name: Michelle Boulad
Software: Painter

I painted this for the monthly theme at a children's illustration club...this months theme is 'underwater'.

The two mermaids at the top are concerned about the number of pets their sister/friend has brought into their little cave...I think they're getting ready to lead some out the entrance :)

Painter and wacom intuos. Not sure how much time I've put into this, maybe 25 hours? more or less...

Crit and comments welcome. The anatomy is not so good, I know...pointers in that area are particularly welcome.

Old 06 June 2007   #2
I didn't realize the anatomy issue until I read the description. I don't think it matters too much, as the lovely details in this picture are just astonishing. But what I like best is the color composition. 4 stars from me.

Old 06 June 2007   #3
Smile

Ohh wow beautifull piece Michelle..I really liked the colors there..Nice execution..I really liked the painting style there..Good work..Keep up the good work..All the best..Cheers

HASAN ALI AKHTAR
Creative Director - Multimedia Artist

Old 06 June 2007   #4
Great work Michelle, I like the image a lot. The coulouring is great, and itīs really well detailed. I see something weird about the back of the red mermaid, I think her backs line should be more on her right, not so visible. Anyway itīs a great image. Congrats Michelle.

Old 06 June 2007   #5
Ischwara, hasansgrafix, and mikeldi thank you very much for your comments!

Mikeldi, I didn't pick that up about the back, thanks...I believe you're right, I'll have a go at fixing it

Old 06 June 2007   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread