Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , Jerome Moo Wen Han (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , Jerome Moo Wen Han (2D)

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Name: Jerome Moo Wen Han
Software:

Greetings Cgtalkers, this piece is just for fun as well as a fan piece. I saw the original US cover art for the last Harry Potter book http://www.hpana-media.com/Books/HP...es/US_Cover.jpg and I saw some potential in the concept, so I tried to come up with my own reimagining.

Hope you enjoy the work!
Thanks

04 April 2007
very nice and moody picture, great work!

04 April 2007
wanted to be the first one posting here......

well, wat can i say, love the weather rendering, the cloud up there n need not to say the overall mood..... good stuff and look forward to more of yr work dude

pkok

04 April 2007
Thumbs up

Master piece greatly executed..Colors are awesome..Keep smiling

HASAN ALI AKHTAR
Creative Director - Multimedia Artist

04 April 2007
Well done, one thing which immediately stands out is the size of their hands, too big. Edit: maybe you were going for perspective but the angle is incorrect if that's the case. Harry actually isn't too bad though the entire arm/hand are a bit too big. Voldemort's extended arm/hand are the real problem.

Good dramatic lighting though, keep up the great work.

Last edited by niva : 04 April 2007 at 10:17 PM.

04 April 2007
joey-b: Hi, joey, thanks for the kind words!

pkok: heya Wan Kok and PH, thanks for dropping by and posting a comment here! I will try to make more works now despite my busy schedule.

hasansgrafik: Thank you! I had fun painting this!

niva: Hi there, thank you for your input. Your assessment from a realistic point of view is correct. However with this one I am going for some exaggeration to give a more powerful and dramatic sense of things in an illustrative manner. The characters here are not the same ones from the movie (Voldemort has red eyes and looks more wrinkled and Harry does not look like Daniel Radcliffe), So their scales also differed. Here Voldemort is much larger than Harry (like the original US Cover) and the sizes of their hands shows the stark contrast between each other. Almost a David and Goliath thing. Harry here is supposed to be an adult already (17 years old in the wizarding world is considered an adult, so says the book ) so I made his hand and arm looks 'grown up', not like the little kid or teenager we all know. Sometimes we have to cheat to meet our purposes even if they are not accurate. This is an illustration of one person's point of view, in this case, mine . Thank you, niva, for spending the time to give me constructive critiques and I appreciated it!

Thanks all for looking

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread