Help! for my son Ted, Glen Angus (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2007   #46
E-mail sent even though i'm not from america... I hope you'll manage to provide the necessary healthcare for your child. I have to thank Rebecca for her e-mailed phrasel; that helped a lot.

Hope everything will be alright!

Best of luck!

Icey

Old 02 February 2007   #47
great work..ironacly enough i was learning about this subject in my phycology class.
if u dont mind i want to show this image to my class.

Old 02 February 2007   #48
I am touched and moved by your art and words Glen. Be strong and Have much Hope.
There has been many miraculous events that have taken place throughout history.
You have my support.

God Bless and Peace Brother
-Jeremiah

Old 02 February 2007   #49
Thank you for the front page and support! :)

I am truly touched by the support that people have shown for my son, my family and the many other families dealing with this issue.That CG has put this on the front page is amazing!! for which I am eternally grateful. I hope I can make it up to you guys by hopefully helping you out someday be it inspiration, critique, tutorial, personal help, whatever.

Rebeccak has stepped up again and shown her amazing and thoughtful character in offering up a response that people can write in their letters. Something I was coming to do to help people help out. She is pure quality-top shelf and a step ahead of me.

I have also made a basic statement to use, but hers' works just as well.
Here it is:

Dear Govenor Doyle and Wisconsin Legislature,
I am writing to voice my support for children diagnosed with autism to recieve treatment as soon as possible. The current waiting list for the waiver program is far too long to get those diagnosed- the intensive therapy that they sorely need. I am also concerned about the mandate that would require insurance companies to cover the cost of therapy. Will they not cover the intensive programs fully? and will this delay or hinder government support even further?
Please follow this link to see how many of us are interested in seeing these issues followed through for Teddy (the little boy in the painting and the many other children who are in desperate need of action.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=133&t=467640

Respectfully,________________

Here is the link again for where to send this:

http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/contact.asp?locid=19
please cut and CC the following emails if at all possible:
Robert.Marchant@legis.wisconsin.gov <Robert.Marchant@legis.wisconsin.gov>
kalston@agre.org <kalston@agre.org>

***For those that are not US citizens- I am sure your voices carry just as much weight as well- simply email the CC addresses directly above instead of clicking on the first link.

Thank you so much to everyone again for visiting and voicing your concern and heartfelt wishes to my family.
Respectfully,
Glen Angus
www.gangus.net

Last edited by gangus : 03 March 2007 at 07:44 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #50
On another note, people have expressed an interest in using this image elsewhere to help relay the situation so many people are in, discuss in educational settings, or any other venue applicable.

Please feel free to take this and use it in any manner neccessary to help raise the awareness for autism.
I will be posting a link tomorrow with the ftp address to download the hi res version of this painting.

Your show of support as well as the outpouring of people from my website and CA has touched me so, that I am going to devote time every year to illustrate more issues (not just my own) in an attempt to take the gifts I have been given, your friendship and patronage, and give voice to other worthy causes.

Thanks again for the inspiration,
Respectfully,
Gangus
www.gangus.net

Last edited by gangus : 02 February 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #51
God speed you unfading hope and strength in the days to come for the upbringing of your son. You have my international support email sent to the governor.

Old 02 February 2007   #52
What an inspirational and emotional piece, well done Glen. It has certainly raised awareness and even though I'm not in the US I've sent an email voicing my concerns.
I did a slightly different variation on your basic mail, trying to appeal to the political aspects of finances and social welfare, I hope it's on the right track.

As a father,I'm writing to voice my support for children diagnosed with autism to receive treatment as soon as possible. The current waiting list for the waiver program is far too long to get those diagnosed the intensive therapy that they sorely need.

As a society we can address autism at an early stage which will then save us both socially and financially into the future. With early intervention autistic children will have the opportunity to develop into more functional contributors to our society, reducing pressure on the health system and most importantly, enabling them to develop the human relationships of family, friends and partners we all take for granted.

This is an opportunity for your government to be remembered for the generations of children you can help now, before they become the adults of the future who never saw their potential fulfilled.

By the way, there's a spelling error in your copy and paste text, "recieve" should be "receive".

Good luck, I hope your son gets the treatment he needs.

Last edited by EvilGnome : 02 February 2007 at 02:26 AM.

Old 02 February 2007   #53
Wow.
Insane concept.

Old 02 February 2007   #54
Woooooow !

i got no words to explain how you touched me with that pic ! Just wondeful ! Excelente!

No words!!

awesome !

Old 02 February 2007   #55
For whatever its worth, I wish you and your family the best of luck with this matter.

I believe your talents (and specifically this artwork) will help others understand the in-expressible feelings you're going through, and in turn bring the much needed aid from those in a position to give it.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Old 02 February 2007   #56
i am very sorry for your son's condition. I hope you and your family find in him, a beauty that doesn't exist in 'normal life'.

Wishing you and your family everlasting happy and pleasent days.

The work in exquisite. The very moment i saw the preview in the homepage i was wondering that this hasn't been your style so it got me anxious. True enough, this is the painting where reality meets art.

thanks for sharing.

Old 02 February 2007   #57
i am sorry for your 'loss'. i hope you and your son can find the way.

the image, i think is truely a work of art. subtle and well made. i especially like how u specified through the other bumps on the ground that there are others too. also the duality of up and down is very smart. i love this kind of work. i wish we would see more of this everyday. But i suppose a work of art can only come from great pain or great happiness whereas most of us are emotionally static because of our environment

best of luck to you

Old 02 February 2007   #58
Glen,

I truly feel for you and your family in this situation. It must be hard for you to deal with your day to day things. I mailed the people you mentioned as well and i hope that the government will wake up and see that people need their help as soon as possible. I've also posted this on my myspace page as a bullitin to all the people in my Friends list. It's not much but i think that the more attention can be drawn to this threat the better . Also if you need any space on a server i can offer you some of my domain space for some time. just let me know via a PM if you need it.

Keep up the fight and be strong and positive man. It's gonna be alright.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 02 February 2007   #59
great composition and emotive theme well handled

I'm a fan

Old 02 February 2007   #60
Glen you seem to be a fantastic father to your son.
I know know thing can get frustrating and tough at times, I have a relative with this condition, but with a such a dedacated father im sure your son will have the very best upbringing and aldut life that you could hope for.
He is a lucky kid to have a dad like you. and you also have my and support respect.

your image is wonderful.

best of luck.
Liam

Thread Closed share thread