Help! for my son Ted, Glen Angus (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2007   #31
Many prayers and God belss you. Five stars no words.Thanks for talking to the community

Old 02 February 2007   #32
as a dad whos daughter just turned 1 I can (yet at the same time prolly cant) imgagine what u goin trough but never the less you have my full support and I wish you and your family all the best!

Your painting together with the words u write makes my heart ake...

Last edited by H3rbie : 02 February 2007 at 06:59 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #33
Thanks to Ali for plugging this.

Ok, I've emailed the governor, cc'ing the people you mentioned. I emailed both through the site to General Information and separately to the CC'd people through Gmail since the site does not allow you to cc anyone else. I think that's probably the best way to do it, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is how I phrased my email, if someone else wishes to use this format:

Quote: Hello, I would like to voice my support for children with Autism. Please help to lower the time it takes to get children help. Please push insurance companies to cover children with autism's therapy, for which they currently do nothing. It is a vital issue and one which I hope gets the attention it deserves.

Kind Regards,

Best Wishes Glen.

EDIT - Glen has a better phrasing for the email here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...72&postcount=49

I actually just got a reply from Ms. Sallows, who is part of the wiautism organization. I've sent her the link to this thread.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2007 at 11:37 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #34
Hey Glen. I sincerely hope that you'll find ways to provide the best healthcare and treatment possible for your little boy.

Remember that his condition is just a reason for you to love him twice as much.
I wish all the best to you and your family. I hope you'll stay strong through this.

BTW your work is very heartfelt and it shows that is coming from someone who is very much connected with the subject.

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

Old 02 February 2007   #35
gangus.. You've succeeded in reaching into the pit of my stomach with this piece... I initially found the image really striking and tormented and after reading your back story congratulate you for your courage and honesty in communicating this piece...

It is compelling enough imho to front an autism awareness campaign...

My wife is a tcm practitioner so I have to add this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/s...25_tongue.shtml

May the force be with you

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 02 February 2007   #36
I've voiced my concern, Glen, and I will pray for you and your family.

I had to do it the same way as Rebecca as the form wouldn't let me cc everyone.

Old 02 February 2007   #37
Thank you for your piece. Very very moving. I work in a primary school in uk and we have a number of children with varying degrees of autism spectrum, and although they're incredibly hard work they can be rewarding and frustrating to work with. you are so right early intervention is really important but it's getting those who hold the purse strings to see that. I wish you well and Teddy also. Thank you once again for sharing it's what art should be about.

Old 02 February 2007   #38
My younger brother suffers from asperger's syndrome as well, so I have some small idea what you must deal with. My family suspects that myself and my older brother are also affected, but symptoms are varied and we were never officially diagnosed. You have my respect for making this and telling your story, and the painting itself is beautiful.

Old 02 February 2007   #39
Glen,

Your piece has truly captured my heart and will be with me forever. I have followed your instructions and pray that you recieve more support than just what you have requested. More than that, I pray a complete healing transformation over your son. Bless you and your family.

-Brad

Old 02 February 2007   #40
I loved your artwork, but you really touch me with this one...

Best of luck.

Sergio.

Old 02 February 2007   #41
Very nice painting and also a very touching post.

Old 02 February 2007   #42
Speachless... best of luck and God bless...

Old 02 February 2007   #43
very sad and wonderfull piece of art.
good luck to you, your son and your family.

Old 02 February 2007   #44
I'm sorry for what you're going through and God Bless your efforts to raise awareness. I'm sure you're doing all sorts of research into autism trying to learn everything you can. I wanted to point you in the direction of a preservative used in your childs vaccines.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sc..._and_autism.htm

Old 02 February 2007   #45
I am sorry for your son Glen. I really hope you find the best treatment for him as soon as possible. Your piece tells everything about the hard time you are going through. God Bless.

Thread Closed share thread