Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #16
dinfet
Frequenter

portfolio
Robert Wilson
Conceept Artist and Illustrator
longview WA, USA

I too have a Autistic child and clearly hear your words, Im glad you found out at such and early age, some people dont get that advantage , you painting speks volumns God Bless

Old 02-27-2007, 04:39 AM   #17
gangus
Frequenter

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Glen Angus
Senior Artist
Raven Software
Madison, USA

Send a message via MSN to gangus

Thank you everyone for writing in with such kindness.

ColinBigelow: Your reply is truly what this forum should be about. Ironic when I apologize for my art is ussually when my art is the most expressive. Thank you for helping fuel our hope for our child.

dinfet: aw man, when did you find out? Is he/she getting assistance now? where do you live?
I hope this can help everyone who has children with autism in some small way. Please feel free to take this image and use it for anything you might need. pm for the hi res if you can use it.

Kaspaas: Thank you and I hope to hear from you again soon friend.

BldRnr: well spoken. Thank you for helping better put into words what I am trying to do with this.

Balaa: You as well have really captured the meaning of my post- I truly apreciate you writing in. Yours is such a positive message in return. Thank you so much

My sincere apreciation to everyone who has written in. I hope you can find the time to write to the links. My family and I are truly touched by your writing in.

Respectfully,
Gangus
www.gangus.net

Old 02-27-2007, 04:53 AM   #18
d3cap
Veteran

portfolio
Jason Scheier
Visual Development Artist
DreamWorks Animation SKG
La Crescenta, USA

Dear Glen,

When I read your explanation of your painting I was deeply moved by the message behind your painting. I know exactly what your going through, my twin brother's son is autistic. I have been around him for over 3 years now. I just wanted to say that there is a huge amount of hope for autistic children to lead a healthy happy life. When "Rik" was first born he very rarely spoke or engaged in conversation. He was also very moody and surpised by atypical things. Also he was very confused when we first started to teach him. Now he is patient, he puts his sentences together. He is going to school specialized for autism, and is blossoming into a wonderful little guy!! We take him everywhere and he is amazing. He can repeat scenes from his favorite movies like the "incredibles" and "spider-man!" There is huge hope for you son. Mad love respect and prayers for you. 5*

-Jason Scheier

Old 02-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #19
gangus
Frequenter

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Glen Angus
Senior Artist
Raven Software
Madison, USA

Send a message via MSN to gangus

d3cap: Thank you so much for that. It is great to hear.
we began to be concerned when he stopped making eye contact with us, and then coming on 2 years and not saying a word. He spends much of the day consumed in himself doing a little routine of crawling around from object to object- kitchen to living room. He is a good little soul, and we are blessed that despite some frustration tantrums we get to see him smile and watch him laugh. He is strong as well- being born with 2 club feet and going through weeks of casts and wearing the bar and shoes really has strengthened him.

Thank you for writing.
Respectfullly,
Glen
www.gangus.net

Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #20
CarlosArellano
Little Grasshopper

portfolio
Carlos Arellano
Industrial Designer
Hapily Freelancer
Mexico

Send a message via MSN to CarlosArellano
Hi Glen just want to say that you and your family have my support and my prayers, I'm pretty sure that things will come out just fine and there is a old saying over here in Mexico that goes "God doesn't give someone a cross he can't bear"... you need not to apologize for letting your voice be heard (and be sure people will raise their voices for you as well) and you'll see that your kid will be alright, be confident for you have the best Doctors and Treatments in the US and its a matter of no time Im sure...

Take care
Carlos Arellano

Last edited by CarlosArellano : 02-27-2007 at 05:38 AM.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #21
Cerebr4l
Mind's Eye

portfolio
David LaRocca
Digital Artist
Birmingham, USA

Send a message via Yahoo to Cerebr4l
Powerful piece. I can really feel your pain as I look at the image. As a father of two small children I can only imagine the pain and confusion that you are going through at this moment of your son's life. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
lemongrass
Greg Lemon
perpetual entertainment
San Francisco, USA

Send a message via AIM to lemongrass
It's great to see thought-provoking material on cgtalk.

I'm all for dragons and gigantic robot suits (and dragons IN gigantic robot suits as well), but it's nice to see works that tackle more sensitive issues as well.

Great stuff, best of luck to you and your son.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #23
arizaga
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Luis Arizaga Rico
CEO, Character Designer
Digital Rebel Academy Escuela de arte digital para animación
Hospitalet del Llobregat, España

Send a message via MSN to arizaga
First of all sorry about my terrible english. (I cannot write in the right way but I can understand everything).

It's a surprise to see how you've opened your heart. I Know that in this situations love helps you and your boy a lot. I think I can do nothing from where I'm (Spain) But...
I must say to all the people from the USA that read your post:

- Please help him! follow his link or communicate with the govern, talk about this situation in all the ways or media that you can!

From my heart I wish the best for you and your son Glen.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #24
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Send a message via MSN to DimitrisLiatsos

It takes a lot of courage not only to say what u said ...but much more to paint it on a white page i think. Really great work there ..and it tells what u already explained with words .... what can i say? ... i wish for the best for your family and this adventure u are all into!

Sincerely,
Dimitris.

p.s ; magnificent painting.

P.S ; HELP The guy...follow his link ...all of you guys and girls!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #25
robodesign
We bring you the future

portfolio
Marius Sucan
Arad, Romania

Hello!
Congrats for the nice illustration. Sincere congratulations for being able to let your mind free and express your feelings thru an image that tells about your kid. It's remarkable you've done it.

I wish you all the best, God help your child and... don't forget: you'll be his everything - as he grows up.

Good luck. Five stars.

P.S. I am not very good at wording, but... as an appreciation of your work I posted my message.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #26
Ancient-Pig
Oink Oink Oink

portfolio
Jonathan Rush
Character Artist
Austin, US

Send a message via ICQ to Ancient-Pig Send a message via AIM to Ancient-Pig Send a message via Yahoo to Ancient-Pig
*Sent*

Love the piece.. great illustration

Spreading the word
My Page!

Last edited by Ancient-Pig : 02-27-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #27
CodeNothing
Arrr!

portfolio
Adam Richards
Concept Artist/ Illustrator
Double Helix
Ontario, USA

As someone with Asperger syndrome (A high functioning form of autism) I can totally appreciate this. Best of luck with you and your family! Glad to see someone communicate so much info about autism in a single image. well done.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #28
dies-irae
Lord of the posts

basilio noris
Switzerland

Send a message via ICQ to dies-irae
I find this image very touching both on the aesthetical side and on the message it conveys.
I'm sorry to hear that your kid was diagnosed with ASD but it's a good thing he was diagnosed this early. Often autism is detected only at a later age (4 or even 5) and the therapy becomes less fruitful. I'm touched by the subject because i'm doing a phd in machine learning specifically on early diagnosis of autism (i use stuff like neural networks to try and discover sympthoms of autism in 6 months old children) and it's a tough challenge.

I wish you all the best in receiving aid from state and from everyone else and the best of luck to Ted to learn to rejoice of his family's love.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #29
hstid

my condolences

You have my condolences.

Last edited by hstid : 07-24-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #30
warpy
Thirsty for Art

portfolio
Ori Cohen
2D/3D Artist, AI nut
Israel

Send a message via MSN to warpy
i am glad this got to the front page, more artist should use their art for more..

Thread Closed share thread