A day in the life is a life in a day, Katarina Sokolova (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
A day in the life is a life in a day, Katarina Sokolova (2D)

Title: A day in the life is a life in a day
Name: Katarina Sokolova
Software: Painter

02 February 2007
wasnt this posted earlier?

anyways the colors are strong and the lighting is set very directly. There are some dark areas that would look better with more light.

The character on the left, something oddly short about her arms, might just be the percpective.

well done, but still could use some minor adjustments

02 February 2007
I love ur art.........

i realy like ur drawings.
Its too good.
Keep it up
And u can also add making of ....of ur pic.
Realy Good beautiul

...............Give a chance to get.............................

02 February 2007
Very nice work though the strong contrast doesn't really do it justice, it makes the composition look a little bit messy. I'm not crazy about the way you do eyelashes, but it's just a matter of taste
Beautiful colours!

02 February 2007
...profi-made image with a lot of nice details (esp. the hands...) and strong colourwork, Katarina-gal
I really like it...

-cheerZ-

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

I like the fact that you can see at once, that she is a doll.
My only crit would be, that her hands still look too pasted and so could get overworked a bit

02 February 2007
I love the eyelashes! The details are amazing.

02 February 2007
what a beautiful work!!
как мне нравятся Ващи работы! Нет слов..!

02 February 2007
Beautiful like always! I like her dress, it has a very realistic feeling on it! Great work!

02 February 2007
Katarina, Katarina !

( I love that Name LOL ! ) AND I love your ART ! I knew it was a painting of a doll as i scrolled down, but i was really taken with the whole image. It reminds me of the rich paintings of the old masters. Deep colors, warmth, painterly details without sharp , precision. Amazing how well that works at a normal distance. I am glad to see the closeups so i can understand your painter effects. Thank you so much for posting and sharing your passion. I look at your artwork and i understand your soul, your passion and am amazed by your spirit. I'm not into dolls, but i do appreciate fine art. Best wishes. rick

02 February 2007
Wow. I'm surprised at the low rating.
To me a drawing like this is at least 4 starts.
You've chosen a multiple character scene with a detailed background. Quite difficult and time consuming work, and I think you've pulled it off well.

I think that the problem is that the composition lacks focus. There are 2 characters but there is no interaction between them.

Is the larger figure a doll? If it is a doll then the other character seems very small, even for a child. If it is not a doll then it has very strange proportions. The legs would be much too short.

02 February 2007
I think you've done a much better job at minding your light source!, on everything except the larger doll's head. But that's a quick fix. I think it would look really cool if everything...hands, feet...looked as doll-like as the face. Dolls can be, at once, elegant and thoroughly creepy. A nice coupling, in my opinion. What sort of tree is that? If they're apple blossoms, fruit and flower wouldn't be occurring at the same time. If they're cherry blossoms (a bit more thematically fitting), there would be no leaves. Though, you know, fantasy can be ANYTHING! Just food for thought. If we stop learning, we die...

02 February 2007
Hi to everyone again!
Thank you to all very much for your attention &comments

In this picture the larger firure is a girl, but with doll`s face and the smaller - is a doll, but with real child`s face. It is some allegorian here.
I used in this painting some my favourite colours and made it darken for bigger drama effect.
It`s absolutely fantasy work and therefore there are blossom, leaves&apples on the trees together

Thank`s for all again! It`s very pleasure for me, to read your good responses!

02 February 2007
I really like this piece, personally I find it powerful, strange and otherworldly and rather enchanting. Really Great work, Love the colors too!

03 March 2007
all precius work

I like to much your drawing,it´s a a wanderfoul images and drawings,i like so much the beautifoul "postals",and wanderfoul woman,exelent art works,and compositions...siging it...

Thread Closed share thread