Victory Gal- Angel of death-nudity, Glen Angus (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Victory Gal- Angel of death-nudity, Glen Angus (2D)

Title: Victory Gal- Angel of death-nudity
Name: Glen Angus
Software: Photoshop

I decided to do the Super Fortress- But wanted to make it more about the payload - In this case the infamous 'Fat man'.
In an attempt to de-glorify my own series and show the ugly side of war and mankinds historical thirst for bloodshed.
I rarely try to make a statemnet with my work other than try and give the folks something cool to look at, but this one got away from me when I was painting it.
I decided to show this one, but will not ever sell it as a print, or
if I do use 100% the proceeds from to a worthy casualty of war fund.
If anyone avails themselves the opportunity to watch the documentary "Why We Fight" you should really do so. There are some definate personal opinions and speculation put forth, but it is still very educational and interesting to experience.

I hope this piece does not offend in any way.

Respectfully,
Gangus

drawn and painted in Photoshop
www.gangus.net

11 November 2006
This is really cool to look at, but i can see your point about the thirst for bloodshed.
I really like your style of painting, Great work.

11 November 2006
First class image, love it. It's like a scary take on the old Varga girl images from the 30's and 40's. Superb.

11 November 2006
wonderful picture! like the colors... mood and all the details!

11 November 2006
I totally love this series of images! Amazing

chris

11 November 2006
Great work! looks fantastic again, only one thing I donīt like there, is her nose Everything else is great 4stars

11 November 2006
oooh wooah ... I cant hold myself with these details ...
great ... 5 stars ...
would you put the sketch ... ?
ooh ...
cheers my friend ...

11 November 2006
Impressive follow-up to this series. You donīt need to excuse at anybody for your excellent images, truly art is meant to make people go beyond what they are looking at, and is not your fault if someone take it bad. Itīs up to us to see the beauty and maybe a good message in what we see, it`s impossible to please all people all the time when we make an image.

Youīre brave and good artist. Brilliant work!

John Connor (T2)

11 November 2006
I love these series!
The only thing I find wrong with this one is the stocking texture, it's completely "flat", like it doesn's actually wrap around the legs if you get what I mean.

5 stars all the same.

11 November 2006
This is awesome, as expected. I am not sure how this one would sit within the series, you would have to hang them all up and take it in for a while... Still I think this is the best anatomy out of all of them, and the biggest twist. Great job!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

11 November 2006
Brr .. creepy ..

My Online Portfolio

11 November 2006
Thumbs up

Nice work gangus. I must say you've got some guts portraying the atom bomb, considering societies paranoia of nuclear technology. The imagery is perfect and I love the fact that you portrayed death as a shapely demon.

11 November 2006
Very compelling. Once again you've done a masterful job at conveying an idea, I was however hoping to see a bit more of the more recent cartoony work....(*hint)

11 November 2006
Intitial response to replies

Thanks for the response so far guys!

artofsw: Thanks dude, I am always striving to develope my style- taking it in different directions -sometimes the wrong direction-but exploring just the same.

the-bold-boy: Ah the amazing Varga has been uttered... moment of silence to pay homage.

rawwad: Thanks dude, sorry you don't like the nose- I wanted the face to be an amalgomation of a beautiful woman with an almost totally realistic face paint of a skull overtop, where your not sure if you are looking at actual physicality or make up (like that old demi more body painting cover of vanity fair) I'll include a detail so you can get a better look, perhaps this may change your perception.

EhsanD: Thanks dude, Always apreciate your support. Congrats on your last image BTW

jsandoval: Glad you like the series dude, and truly apreciate your view on the subject matter. Guess I just wanted to play it safe with such subject matter.

Thanks dude! As always you have an interesting point- I have yet to have the entire series no the wall in front of me, but I am having a blast trying toexplore all the possibilities.

bradyscott: Guts, or just foolhardy? I know these are some pretty scary times, as was it just as bad 40-60 years ago as well. Some aweful things to contemplate. Especially those of us with children.

katana2665: Thanks dude, Don't worry I have a cartoony dish cook'n on the backburner

Heres the detail shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detail_Gabriella.jpg (88.8 KB, 204 views)
www.gangus.net

Thread Closed share thread