Pandora, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #46
Too busy lately to leave many comments in this forum or look around, but this is just incredible. Congrats!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 11 November 2006   #47
Marta! This is fantastic. The colors and textures are wonderful. Your hard work paid off. The box and hands are particualrly good. the face bothers me a little, though--her head looks a little "disconnected" from her neck, the the lighting doesn't seem right on her face... something about the shadows on her nose is off. Minor points, though. Overall this is a very strong beautiful painting... it clearly shows how much technical skill you've gained.

Old 11 November 2006   #48
Thumbs up

Thank you so much for the steps and walkthrough, it's very helpful I love seeing work process and learning how things has been achieved.

The image itself is amazing. Wspaniała praca, gratulacje

Old 11 November 2006   #49
great work :o *ukłony*

swietna pracka , genialne kolorki i detal dlon myslalem ze fotka ! genialne :*

cheers

Old 11 November 2006   #50
Thank you so much for your response everyone~! Wooh, now replying will take a while (I think I'll have to split it into two replies), but here goes:

Scorned1: Thank you very much!

Kamil: Thanks <3

Blooddragon_PL: Thanks!

Damselfly: Thank you and no problem

xric7: Thank you Thitipon, it means a lot

dawis: Thanks! I'm glad you noticed, the light took me so so much time to get right...

KPetrasko: Thank you, I'm glad you liked the piece...

AIR: Thanks! I'll be sure to look into your gallery.

jsandoval: No problem, thank YOU!

Zhaan: Thanks a lot THe next one will be looking classical as well, hehe

tigerzi: Thank you, it really means a lot coming from you. <3

lildragon: I already thanked you but hell, thanks again =)

Nonie: UH oh no, you noticed! xD That's one tiny bug I simply FORGOT to fix, my mom has mentioned it a few days before finishing the painting. Damn :(

ei-en: Thanks Borja

AndyH: Wow, thanks, I treat it as a huge compliment, I'm an huge fan of the 3d scene here at CGtalk.

HappyCalaveras: Thank you. I was trying my best.

niva: Thanks, I am really really concentrating on improving nowadays, so that's really encouraging. As for the gap, hmh, I guess that after working on something for too long, I just tend to get "mistake-blind".

jpedro: Thankies

digital-bobert: Thanks Bobby, it means a lot, I am your fan after all

Gaffer: Aw, thank you

icharin: Thank you. the centre part of the picture - the hands and the box, were my main focal points, so I think the most of my attention went just there.

George: Oh you got me scared for a minute there. I am really glad you liked it, both when it comes to the form and merit!

Artaholic: Yes, indeed. I still love to read myths (even though I know the most of them by heart), but they are hiding such immense amount of inspiration, that it's just so hard to put them down...

Flyingjay: I am really glad you found it useful, thank you!

SeifoSid: Hahah, I am hearing this a lot lately, in the next work I promise to do a walkthrough for the hands. :3

Shreya: Your kind words mean so much to me. <3 I am really admiring what you do yourself and those compliments I take with the deepest respect. Very encouraging to work more :P

EhsanD: THANKS! =)

Samuraikuroi: Dzien Dobry :P And thank you!

Last edited by BlacKeri : 11 November 2006 at 06:28 PM.

Old 11 November 2006   #51
Cris-Palomino: Thank you so much =)

waheednasir: Thank you, it means so so so much. I love your art, which you already know, when can we expect a new painting?

VishyP: Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

yinako: Uhm, it's so hard to say.. but I would say around 90 hours perhaps? It was all spread along 1,5 month. It took so much mainly because I took much time to plan the picture and experiment a LOT.

warpy: Thanks! =)

gilmon: oh no, you noticed too. I am aware of the bug, I totally should go on and fix it, but right now I just cannot force myself to open Photoshop >_<

anouk: Dziekuje bardzo

raufaamir: Thank you!

watermage: Thank you so much for your kind words. They are truly appreciated.

Baybeestar: Hm I think you might be right. As I wanted the centerpiece to be the most captivating element of the picture, I suppose I have given it the most attention when painting.

derbyQsalano: hehe no problem, thank you for the crit...

BGHart: Thank you so much Britta, it means a lot. <3

CyborgJA: thanks a bunch =)

mikeldi: Thank you, I'm glad you found it helpful

Jenela: Ohh the piece tested my patience quite often. If it was not for the support I have gotten from my family, I am quite sure I would just drop it halfway. :[

Leo: :O!! THanks for visiting, I'm glad you like it =)

Jose-Pardo: thank you very much!

Lauren: Thanks for dropping by. Hm I will have to look into the shadows I believe... Either way thank you for the compliments and crits. When can we see some new stuff by you btw?

Sirielle: Thank you so much, it means a lot. Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

Klicek: Thanks mate :P THe hands were a lot of hard work.

Old 11 November 2006   #52
Wow is not enough for this. This is totally amazing. And yes thanks for sharing your steps. Looks perfect. I love the details you have added to hand. Effects are amazing too..
"Life is animation and we are our own animators." -i

Old 11 November 2006   #53
hi.

BlacKeri wrote:
when can we expect a new painting?

ah...im so happy that an artist like yourself like my work and waiting to see my new one.... i thank u for that. and ull see the new one soon....

i wish u all the best with your work. congrats once again....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 11 November 2006   #54
wow, your work is amazing...
great job, congratulations.

Old 11 November 2006   #55
Amazing work Marta . I love the lighting and subtle details.

Old 11 November 2006   #56
wow!
SKILL!

Old 11 November 2006   #57
hej Marta
praca wyrabana i to ostro, naprawde super pracka, zreszta jak wszystkie twoje prace
jak ogladam takie rzeczy to na maksa chce mi sie wziac za 2d

pozdro

Old 11 November 2006   #58
hm nice stepsss

Old 11 November 2006   #59
BlackKeri: I dont usually post on 2D images, but this and your cgportfolio is truely amazing! well done your character work is stunning and I love the theme of Pandora, and whats in the bOX!>!> well done on the front page plug 4 stars from me!

I N F I N I T E

Old 11 November 2006   #60
No comments. Absolutely beautiful, absolutely generous (to share your workflow with us), absolutely perfect. You're a genius, Marta. 10 stars for you (unfortunately the forum just allows me to give five... )

Last edited by jramauri : 11 November 2006 at 11:28 PM.

Thread Closed share thread