Pandora, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #16
amazing work Marta!

Old 11 November 2006   #17
Blimey! Thats flippin ace!

I couldnt tell if it was 3d or not at first - its so rich and detailed.

Superb stuff

Old 11 November 2006   #18
That's incredible, just shy of photoreal. Amazing work on the skin and details, especially those hands and fingernails and the ornate box... you've really done a great job on it. Keep up the great work!

Old 11 November 2006   #19
Congrats on the front page Marta, you're improving with each piece and people are seeing it.

The gap between the nose and upper lip is a bit large - but not large enough to throw off the picture.

Great job and thanks so much for providing the info on your techniques and brushes. Congrats once again.

Old 11 November 2006   #20
awesome image, nice to see how you approached it and how you paint.

Old 11 November 2006   #21
Wowowow! Nicely done!

If I can suggest something... the thumb looks a bit rough or fuzzy, no? Fantastic hands tho!

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Old 11 November 2006   #22
Terrific technique. This degree of realism without reference is the mark of a very naturally gifted person. Congratulations on a great piece, you planned it out well.

Old 11 November 2006   #23
Wow, I'm amazed that you didn't use reference for those hands!! They came out very realistic for being made from srcatch. Awesome. The chest came out very lovely too. Great work!

Old 11 November 2006   #24
Being of Greek heritage myself, and a huge fan of mythology, I'm very 'strict' when it comes to images of this kind, so I won't go easy on you. Having said that, I can say with great pride that this is one amazing piece. Getting the moment down of when she's opening the box, along with the mystery surrounding it, is no easy task. And you nailed it; Her face is beautifully rendered with an expression that has the right amount of concern, without being overdone. The lightning scheme is wonderful, and you just captured the sense of this whole mythology in this one shot. Definitely no easy feat, and again, very well done. The fact that you used no references, especially with such a complex lightning scheme, really compliments your talents. A 5 star image, thanks for sharing.

Old 11 November 2006   #25
Very nicely done. Isn't it wonderful how these old stories are still so compelling?

Old 11 November 2006   #26
Thumbs up Very impressive!

your work is marvelously good! And your sharing spirit is also grateful ! I learnt so much ! Ilike your style that manages the lighting , and the experience about skin shade also enlightened me , thanks , your Master !

Old 11 November 2006   #27
that's actually very good, i was doubting that the fingers were painted at first, but hopefull you DID paint everything. nice work, 5*

Old 11 November 2006   #28
Oh my GOD, Marta!! You have painted this way way better than I could even visualise it.
I'm sorry, I can't really say anything remotely intelligent right now, I'm just too dazzled by this. Fantastic lighting and beautiful colours. The face is lovely (I liked the slightly wider earlier version of the nose a little more though) and I like how delicately she is holding the lid.- the hands are just perfect!
Top marks on everything! You completely and totally deserve a Choice Award for this!

Old 11 November 2006   #29

incredible ...
intresting technique ...
every wow words for this one is right ...
5 stars ...
cheers ...

Old 11 November 2006   #30
Dzien' dobry, Marta. "PANDORA" is fantastic. I also want to thank you for your step by step.

Thread Closed share thread