Slave of the Satyr King (nudity), Marek Hlavaty (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
I like her

Beautifull work
The BG is a bit too "undefined" for my taste, but that's just my taste.

DOMINANCE WAR III

11 November 2006
really nice painting...!!!"

11 November 2006
Incredible ! 5*

11 November 2006
Very nice,romantic and genlty

11 November 2006
Very beautiful work, Marek, I liked it from the moment I layed my eyes on it =) You have done a really beautful job on the skintones and the overal composition... I also have to say I love those wings
I personally like the way you have hinted the background, instead of painting every leaf on every tree. It lets the viewer to concentrate purely on the character.

What I have noticed after a few minutes of admiring the painting is a few anatomical errors: The fairy is obviously (eheheh) female, BUT her arms seem masculine. They are much too thick and her elbows alone seem kind of male-ish. For comparison check her calfs - they are thinner than the arms, which doesn't seem too correct.
It's nothing major, because as mentioned, I spotted it ater a few minutes of careful watching. Just thought you might want to know. Still, a lovely lovely job!

11 November 2006
WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the mix of the very realistic girl in a fantasy context. The fragile and very detailed wings are masterly painted as well as her wet hair. I am very impressed by this image and your talent. Should appear on front-page. 5 stars from me. Britta

11 November 2006
realy incredible ...
wow the concept is killing me ...
the detail of the wings is amazing ...
just great ...
5 *
cheers ...

11 November 2006
oh man,it's great!!5*!

11 November 2006
Well-done as always,Marek!!and let her fly!!

11 November 2006
ahbeejieh: I want some more detailed pieces in portfolio, to show I'm capable of making such illustrations

Samuraikuroi: may be those wings bugs you .. they drag pivot out of centre little bit

TimonQ: yes it is satyr guard in backround

TOLEDO: it's on purpose .. I intended focus viewer atention to girl

BlacKeri: I'll try avoid those anatomic errors .. I just start paint girls

Thank you all for nice words !

My Online Portfolio

Last edited by prasa : 11 November 2006 at 06:40 PM.

11 November 2006
Fine and nice work, great details and moods.
Good job !

11 November 2006
Best work I've seen.

Best work I've seen in a very long time, Marek Hlavaty.

What is so striking is the contrast in the thin hair against the soft forest light. The hair curves out, dark and sharp, and the forest tree trunks are diffuse and curve opposite -- extremely striking and beautiful.

The exact tones of red on her frontal side is a perfect contrast for the shades of green all around her.

Note: The linear visual lines of the wings are perfect counterpoint and contrast to the circular shapes of the light coming through the forest boughs above -- The artist has an amazing gift for visual counterpoint.

CC 1: Some of the mid range low foliage in the BG may benefit from additional work, but I can't say which way because they do serve as transition between the miraculous forest above and the sharp detail of her figure. Perhaps an abstract asymmetry, keeping elements of the softness but allowing some hard movement back, which would allow movement from the hard detail from her modelling back into the forest. Yet the shock and counterpoint is the strength, so I'm not sure.

CC 2:
Perhaps some of the close ground foliage right near her needs a touch of strength and definition, but just slightly.

An extremely beautiful work of the highest order. I love the way her wings reflect her mood and feeling, slightly drooped. A great work.

The way her hair (in front of her face) lifts in fragile strands along with her nose is something uplifting and hopeful -- which is such a devastating counterpoint to the sorrow of her wings.

Art should be like this, an indescribable counterpoint of feelings from images.

Five stars. I have to keep studying this. This is profound work, Marek Hlavaty

Marek Hlavaty is a name to remember.

Last edited by Michael-Kingsbury : 11 November 2006 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Observations. Artist's name.

11 November 2006
...just superb, prasa-dude bigger resolution please...
(4++/5...)

-cheerZ-

11 November 2006
Originally Posted by MK-3.COM: Best work I've seen in a very long time, Marek Hlavaty.

Art should be like this, an indescribable counterpoint of feelings from images.

Five stars. I have to keep studying this. This is profound work, Marek Hlavaty

Marek Hlavaty is a name to remember.

I'm really honoured by your words man! Thank you very much!

Abyssis> I intend to sel it for print, so no bigger res .. sorry

My Online Portfolio

11 November 2006
Amazing!

So perfect so beauty, she is so cute... truly amazing!

Thread Closed share thread