Harry and Ginny, Paulo César Toledo Vega (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Harry and Ginny, Paulo César Toledo Vega (2D)

Title: Harry and Ginny
Name: Paulo César Toledo Vega
Software: Painter

I read the 6 books of Harry Potter some months ago. Really fun stuff. I really liked the 5th and 6th books, made me remember when I was a stupid teenager.
Nothing else to add I gess. Hope you read the books, any book, read is good, and helps you excercise the imagination... yes, your granpa is right.

Harry Potter books and all what's inside is creation of J.K. Rowling.

DOMINANCE WAR III

10 October 2006
nicely done Toledo.... i like the treatment and the palette.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

10 October 2006
Oh wow, this is really very good. First of all let me say I am a huge fan of Harry Potter and have read all the books too - but the excellence of the execution here is beautiful! I can learn a lot just by studying this piece - thank you so much for sharing!

-L.H.

Portfolio

10 October 2006
even though i hate all things harry potter, this image is well done, the style and ambience is good...

10 October 2006
MMMMMMM,man, this is realy nice, I like it so much specialy the portrait of Harry,much better than that ugly Radcliff !
every thig looks cool,but i have some problems with Ginny's face, It's too much 2D and flat!
Thank u for sharing!

10 October 2006
sweet, paulo! i love the colors and lighting. just one thing thats disturbs me a bit:
his down part of the face seems to be a bit distorted. its a stupid question, but did you flip the painting for checking this out?

but hey, its lovely anyway and i really like, otherwise i wouldnt write a comment here.

10 October 2006
Very beautiful work! I adore the colour palette. Nice work on the composition too. Wonderful lighting!

10 October 2006
Great style you have here. Love the lighting and color.

10 October 2006
waheednasir: thank you very much

Runecaster: no problem, thanks to you for stoping by and leave me a comment

SeifoSid: thank you so much. May you share with me the reason because you hate the Potter world? don't worry, I'm not a Potter defender fanatic, I just liked the books

danesh: thank you. About Ginny's face... well, that was a problem that I could not solve, because everytime I tryed to "sculpt it" far from what's here, it looked badly overworked, or make her look older or some disaster happend, so I deside to leave it like that.

DarioCoelho: hey man! thanks for stoping by. About Harry's face, it's like that, I wanted a skinny puber long faced and more tall Harry (yes, in book 6 he is at least 1,76mts) so the posible deformation is just the "cartoonization" (if this word ever exist) of Harry's face. And, as a general rule and need, I allways try to flip the canvas

enialadam: thank you very much

LDiehl: Thank you so much, At last somebody say that like my style your style is beautiful too (yes, I checked your portfolio) in fact... you are very beautiful

Thanks again every one.

DOMINANCE WAR III

10 October 2006
Beautiful and excellent interpretation of these characters. I like that you show them much more serious and thoughtful as they appear in the movies. Love the lighting and colors too. Britta

10 October 2006
Wonderfull, I have no words. The characters are so convicing.

Last edited by Avor : 10 October 2006 at 09:37 AM.

10 October 2006
Hi! Nice characters, nice lighting, I like this picture!

10 October 2006
I love the style! Great lighting!

10 October 2006
I just wanted to come back and moon over this a little more. This is really top notch!

I particularly enjoy the cartoon-ish exaggeration and think it suits the image perfectly. Wonderful, truly. Thanks again!

-L.H.

Portfolio

10 October 2006
I'm probably over analyzing it, but it's too pop-culture for me, they wrap fantasy around pop in an attempt to give it a deeper meaning, when in reality it's just a stupid pop-cultural money maker.

Thread Closed share thread