Stilllife with roses and satin., Waheed Nasir (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #46
salam alaikum waheed, great work, i love it

Old 10 October 2006   #47
many thanks...

a Big Thank You to Stefen-Morrell, Coochaki, Pawlack, Poshspice, Salubri3i, Niten, henryzjetsam, yasincoskun, DeeVad (for your 2nd visit here), Fahrija, AmaanAkram, M-CLK, Conkrys, Mu, michael-olszak, Geser, Leshiy3d, usmanghiyas and oDaYWaLKeRo.... i really appreciate. it feels great to get such an admiriation from people like u who are so good in their work and know things.

i appreciate how u all observe each n every detail, every brushstroke and all the effort. i thank u all from the bottom of my heart.... its all because of the encouragment that i get from all of u.

sure, ill be putting a small walk thru/tutorial as soon as i can manage. but for the time being, let me write few words (for those who showed interest to know):
what u are seeing here, is because of my fine art background/experience that i have (thats what i think personaly).
its done with a simple brush, having a real brush shape. only the size varies. no effect was there for me to apply, no fancy stuff at all. its all very direct and straight, exactly like a real painting (oil on canvas). i personaly like to stay close to reality, in approach and using tools. i hope u get my point....

thanks again and have a very good day.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Last edited by waheednasir : 10 October 2006 at 11:35 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #48
thank u...

wa alaikum assalaam seedo...thank u very much....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Last edited by waheednasir : 10 October 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #49
That is some awesome still life painting Loving the style and colors and lighting..
"Life is animation and we are our own animators." -i

Old 10 October 2006   #50
Thumbs up

Lovely! If u haven't told us it was digital I would have sworn it's a real oil painting!I wish there were more than 5 stars....oh well..
Can't wait to see more master pieces from you

-Jassar

Old 10 October 2006   #51
thanks...

thank u so much theflash and Jassar....i appreciate.... glad u both like it.

here are a couple of links for my tutorial. this was done quite some time back. the approach, manner and the way i handled things in this tutorial is very much the same, what ive done here, the only difference is, i took this (Stilllife with roses and satin) a bit ahead and finished it little more that those tulips, though u can see unblended, casual brushwork in both of them...thats what i love. here :

http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/w..._painting01.asp

http://cgexpanse.com/tutorials/waheedNasir(ArtRage)/

both of these links carry the same tutorial. ive written a bit on some elements of art as well, other than things about the software.
thats how i proceed and handle things.

happy reading and painting....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 10 October 2006   #52
masn that is really awesome. a well deserverd PLug!!!

Old 10 October 2006   #53
Congratulations on Front Page, well deserved and overdue, ... like your Choice Award! I really think this is your best one to date in this style. Congrats!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 10 October 2006   #54
WOW
Finally Plugged!
Congratulation waheed ,you have mastered that type of painting

Old 10 October 2006   #55
I just got back from a long holiday out of state, I am going through my emails, sorting through snail mail and generally settling in - and I get this lovely notification for this beautiful piece.

This is stunning in every way, thank you for sharing it, it is truly beautiful!

-L.H.

Portfolio

Old 10 October 2006   #56
Amazing as usual.. really love the colors and beauty of this comp. Congratulations!

Old 10 October 2006   #57
It's about time one of Waheed's beautiful pieces made front page! It's because of Waheed that I first heard of Artrage, and he's been so kind as to show me his tutorials to help me along.

I believe this painting is a testiment to your amazing artistic abilities. Your works, (epsecially Artrage works), always have a dream like quality to them. You show the viewer what you want them to see, but at the same time, you never over-render your paintings so the viewer can still interpret pieces how they want to. Your bold brush strokes, color choices and textures are what drew me to your paintings in the first place, so I hope you never change that. To say you are talented is an understatement, you guys should hear him play guitar! Excellent work my friend, 5 stars!

Last edited by MLongfield : 10 October 2006 at 04:59 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #58
Great piC!Front page works!congratulation!!Always love your painting brush and style!so amazing,good luck!

Old 10 October 2006   #59
thank u so much all of u...

criminal, Jose-Pardo, elnady, Runecaster, shoaib, MLongfield and RuihongTang...many many thanks, for all your time and kind words....

Jose-Pardo, yes, choice award would be great to have....
MLongfield...now as uve mentioned, let me share my guitar playing with all of u as well. here (little detail with links to download):

these are well known compositions that ive played in my own style, improvising all the way, from start till the end. each instrumental has 3 tracks, melody (lead), rythm and bass, all played by myself....

pls click on the links below to download:

Blue Star.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/...-_Blue_Star.mp3
(ive played this on hollow guitar - metal strings).

Dark Eyes Twist.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/..._Eyes_Twist.mp3
(ive played this on my yamaha spanish - nylon strings guitar).

Farewell To You.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/...well_To_You.mp3
(again, im on my yamaha spanish guitar).

happy listenting.....

my best wish to all of u.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Last edited by waheednasir : 10 October 2006 at 06:53 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #60
Thumbs up

Hello Mr. Waheed,

Amazing work, in the study of
chiaruscuro. When you conceptualize your paintings, how long does it take to finish a still life? Do you modify it over time? I am asking as Leonardo Da Vinci is said to have worked on some of his chiaruscuro pieces for many years. Once again, a well deserved front page work .

Qazi Fazli Azeem
www.fazliazeem.com

Thread Closed share thread