Defeated, Tomasz Jedruszek (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2006
Defeated, Tomasz Jedruszek (2D)

Title: Defeated
Name: Tomasz Jedruszek
Software: Painter, Photoshop

boring isn't it? another girl in my portfolio...

Vakkun this time, few minutes after final battle against the Empire and encounter with her sister Neida.

"- Kaihet ! The battle is won -the imperial troops retreating
She looked at him as he said something like " Im 40 years old and i 'd like to go fishing" -who cares they reatreating they should done it 8 years ago. .. before they ruined my life -she tought
-Is she dead?
-not yet Kaihet- He realized that is not very best answer he could gave her- she is badly wounded ... it wont be long.
-I shouldn't fight with her
-That was the only one way to stop her bloody crusade, You know it Kaihet- and she deserved it for all her crimes
Vakkun looked at her captain again, this time with eyes full of tears
-She was my SISTER!!! - she stopped to cry for while ,just like she
realized at this moment what she did- I'd killed my own sister
she slump from her chair to the floor ,and hidding her head in hands starts to sob as little girl.
-oh Neida , my little pearl ,what have i done....
Captain touched her shoullder and said
-I know how you feel - i lost my brothers too
-I remeber ,all killed by her, I don't blame You happy she;s dead.You have your revange.
-That's not important Kaihet- I wish it was someone else ... but it was your sister...sad , but the war is over and she is defeated
no-she said after short silence- I am her older sister i should save her ,not kill her... I shouldn't let this gone so far...
she grab her sabre still wet of Neida's blood and stand up
-it is I who is deafeated in this war"

Would you like to read more?

07 July 2006
Really expressive and well done, do you take a picture as reference?

I really like the way you create texture on the forehead whit the reflection/specular. Do you have a custom brush for that?

07 July 2006
wow, so much emotion, and RUNNY MASCARA that ISN'T a stupid emo picture. you're awesome. ^^ btw, great little piece of dialogue there, really fitting.

07 July 2006
sad story~great pics!
the tatoo should be refine some~4*
hoho~so many Languages u speak~o~

Last edited by nabula : 07 July 2006 at 01:10 PM.

07 July 2006
this looks amazing, I love her eyes (though to me I thought it was a man until you said something)

I don't think that necessarily has to be a tattoo, I thought it was just some smeary woad. *shrug*

The expression is gorgeous here, really well done!

-L.H.

Portfolio

07 July 2006
Super! I love that one! Nice detail light and emotion!

07 July 2006
Awesome piece. It conveys the emotion very well, and I love the style, not over-realistic but close.

I have to agree with what is said before, the tattoo is a little flat, and I must admit that I, too, thought it was a man

This side up

07 July 2006
ok some answers

Maxalbert :

When you see picture like this and someone tells you he never did use reference -don't belive him !

There're so many interesting things happens in nature, and especially in human face which are imposible to copy just from your head. Many (if not all) great artist used models as references but since i cannot afort to pay someone for 2-3 hours possing i must use photos.Which is far quicker method and cheaper too. But to copy a photo was never my main goal- we are artists not photographers (however a photographer can be great artist but is not what i mean) .
I had this idea -all i needed was to find girl in that kind of pose to see all those interesting things as lightning, skin facture etc.

As you can see this scene painted to this text is much wider than final. It tells the story quite good but when i saw that photo i already made decision that all those expressions and feelings can be shown just focusing on the face if not on the eyes only.

so i made another scetch based on those two+text

then is just normal process- basic scetch is blend with some nice tools in painter,then back to photoshop to have a nice time with textures and details.

then ,you don't need that reference anymore ,painting starts to live with its own life. Girl on that photo is rather happy if not even smileing, mine character were in quite opposite state of emotions

For the second part of your post- I work only with two basic photoshop brushes but yes, i use dozens of custom brushes and textures .Some basic photoshop textures are very usefull aswell.see

acidlullaby:

thx

nabula:

it is actually something more like warpaints than tatoo. And after hot battle that kind of paintings on wet skin can loose some shape

runecaster

again? every time i paint Vakkun some people calls her "he". Well it never wasn't my idea to create another "sweet cute schoolgirl with 6 feet long legs " anyway. Those sisters are normal,common people, they are tough ,marked by their's life experiences and even (Neida) cruel. So they not need to be beautyfull.
marcgoecke:

07 July 2006
Smile gr8

bloody fantastic man.. i just love the expression on that face

07 July 2006
Just becuase I thought she was a man doesn't mean she isn't beautiful - men can be beautiful - she just looks masculine, as opposed to feminine.

-L.H.

Portfolio

07 July 2006
Wow...this is brrilliant man. The rendering and the emotional feeling is fantastic. 5 stars from me!

07 July 2006
Beautiful work! I absolutely LOVE the eye and make-up detail! great work! also, the expression is pulled off very well.

07 July 2006
Wow. I am stunned into highly respectful silence. Remarkable work.

07 July 2006
Cool! I love it!

07 July 2006
Nothing short of amazing, thanks for showing your steps as well. 5 star work here.

Thread Closed share thread