Persephone, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2006
beautiful work

great skill...big respect for you

btw. you have great portfolio

07 July 2006
Thats one great painting. Congrats to the Frontpage plug. Well deserved

07 July 2006
I love the hand reaching up !

You (the character) look like Laura Prepon (Donna) from "that 70's show" =)

07 July 2006
Excellent work as usual Marta, loved the detail on the dress and the work on the hands.

EDIT: Agreed with mlkdesign, she looks like Laura Prepon... and that's a good thing

Last edited by dasomen : 07 July 2006 at 01:46 PM.

07 July 2006
michael-olszak: thank you so much

carney: thanks

ares623: thank you!

xLonewolfx: thanks, I tried

loocas: Aw thank you, I'm glad you like it =)

Djampa: The composition was fully intuitive - I haven't received any theoretical art classes... It's all a matter of what "felt right" to me, when sketching. I haven't even planned it to consist of triangles, but now that you mention it, I actually see them! Pretty cool. :P

pearl3d: thank you very much, Lampros.

Jedi-Juice: A big thank you!

Peddy: Yeah, I am ashamed to admit that I got really tired at that point =( I tried to fix and fix and fix them but they drove me crazy until the point I couldn't even judge what needs fixing :( Evil legs!

Doctor Nick: Thanks a lot

flash_gordon: Aw thank you very much, I am glad you like it!

Grugi: Thank you for your kind comment =)

mlkdesign: I've never seen the show and you actually made me google it up! Indeed the character is quite similar, which is funny, cause I don't remember ever seeing the actress.

dasomen: Thank you very much =)

07 July 2006
good

l like it so mush. l love you . it's very good work

07 July 2006
a bit of blending issues, but i like it so much i am gonna give it a worthy 5!

07 July 2006
Nice work But Something wrong with her legs, looks so short and in strange pose. Everything other is great, but legs

07 July 2006
Amazing expression and texture! One of the best I've seen here on Cgtalk....keep it up.
tumblr
youtube

07 July 2006
Good painting except the legs

Why the toes doesn't loosen up and the legs aren't positioned well, seperated apart from the waist.

07 July 2006
Quote: Thank you, the hands were my main focal point in this piece, mainly because I really wanted to improve at painting them.

It completely shows, Marta, those are among the most well-studied and well lit hands I've ever seen. The form and the light are utterly gorgeous... everywhere, but especially the hands. Really amazing work, honestly.

Are you getting sick of everyone saying how wonderful it is and then picking out a little flaw that catches their eyes? It's because we know that you work really hard to bring your work up to such a high level, everyone wants to help you get that last .001% of the way there! So in that vein, just one thing that caught my eye that I don't think anyone else said: have you thought about more hilights on the front of her hair? It seems like with all of the light on the hands, the hair migh catch some too, and is boind to be more shiny than the skin...? Anyhow, just a thought.
That notwithstanding, it's still an incredibly lovely and well-observed piece. Well done!

-mike

Last edited by walrus : 07 July 2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: I can't speell

07 July 2006
Thumbs up

Ohh..!!!wowww..!!!very beautiful painting my friend...love it...cool tutor,

07 July 2006
Very nice work.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the crits that have been offered, and the fact that everyone seems to be picking out a different spot seems to suggest that there is not any serious problem at all. Otherwise, it seems like everyone would be picking on the same thing.

I think the image is stunning and the skill, patience, and dedication required to create something like this really amazes me. Obviously, the hands (and arms) are very well done, but the rest of it impresses me as well. I love the shapes in her hair. I especially enjoy how the light hitting the skin/fabric of her chest area has blown out the contrast a bit, making it almost a pure white plane. And your work on the lace of the dress, not to mention the texture in the rocks... Well, that's just amazing too.

Of course, as is the trend, I do have an area that causes problems for me too. You can feel free to disregard my crits, of course, because you are the talented artist and I am the humble critic. That said, there are two things that grab me. The first thing I noticed was that her toes seem to be pressed against something, but I don't perceive any plane for them to be resting on. They (along with some leaves on the ground) seem to be floating in mid-air. I realize this may have been part of your intent, but I thought I'd mention it simply because my eyes keep getting hung up on those toes. I keep hoping that the longer I stare at them, some surface will appear to my eyes!

The other thing, which I didn't notice until after several minutes of staring in awe at your picture, is that the rock underneath her dress and legs is still catching just as much light as the area outside the dress. It just seems to me that her legs and dress would be keeping the light from hitting that area from above.

So that's it. Please don't let my crits imply that I didn't enjoy your image, because I think it is terrific.

07 July 2006
warpy: Thanks for your comment and crit

rawwad: I'll look into it, thank you! =)

THECLYKE: Thank you so much for your kind words

dickma: I'm aware of the legs problem, I will try to fix it later as well as pay more attention to that in my future paintings

walrus: Wow, Mike, thank you so much for taking your time to place such a thorough comment. It really means a lot to me, especially because I am a great great fan of your work! I cannot say it is annoying to hear such things, it surely makes me aware of things I still need to improve (and there are a lot ;P). It's sometimes quite comforting, to hear "nitpicking" instead of "everything is wrong, go find yourself another hobby" type of crit :P :P Funny that you mentioned the hair, actually - I have been pondering over that issue for a long time, while painting. I was darkening and lightening the area and had huge problems finding a good looking solution. I was told that it looks too bright when I left it highlighted, so I ended up with a darker version and, being honest, am not fully satisfied with it for now... Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, it's very encouraging!

i-popba: thank you, I'm glad you like it!!

Jesterspawn: Thank you for your beautiful comment and a thorough critic Dan. I really appreciate the time taken and the so kind manner. What you have said and I have to admit that I am well aware of these mistakes... I think I just didn't pay enough attention while painting those rocks :/ Well, I am going to work on that in the future Please accept my biggest, sincerest thank yous, as I really appreciated every line of your writing.

Last edited by BlacKeri : 07 July 2006 at 04:40 PM.

07 July 2006
Thumbs up

very nice work . really beautiful work and nice details

Thread Closed share thread