Persephone, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2006   #16
Beautiful work i lov it ! CONGRATULATIONS !! :-)

Old 07 July 2006   #17
Beatyful image! Lovely composition and light
I am very impression.
congratulations.

Old 07 July 2006   #18
nice pic

Beautiful and realwork

Old 07 July 2006   #19
...oh, very very fine and skillful painting, great composition'n'lightwork... superb4me
(4++/5...)

-cheerZ-

Old 07 July 2006   #20
Great job, I'm a big fan of your work!

Old 07 July 2006   #21
Beautiful work on the glance, it is very deep and captivating !
See you :-)

Old 07 July 2006   #22
This piece is really nice.
But the BG and the figure are not mixing well, maybe some details in the dress would give the figure more weigh... I don't know... maybe more shadow in the rocks and a little less texture will pull it back, but now they look challenging each other for the main rol, and the BG is winning the match.
Appart, the flowers needs a lot more work, they look too "sketched", like if you got tired of painting and you just finish there.
The BG is demanding you to work the rest of the piece with a lot more detail and dedication.

DOMINANCE WAR III

Old 07 July 2006   #23
Nice work marta

i like it alot

Old 07 July 2006   #24
I commented on this piece at GFX, but I like it so much Ima have to comment again This is your best piece in terms of skin tones and contrast; Having said that, I think the flowers are in desperate need of more depth, they appear way to flat, especially compared to the rest of the figure.

Still 5 star work regardless, it's just too good I tell ya!

Old 07 July 2006   #25
Looks very well! Very strong, it's quite splendid! Au contraire to some people before me, I really can't say I mind the way the body and background blend. One thing that you could, perhaps, think about is changing shadows; her jaw is reasonably shadowed, but her breasts are not, even though the dress slopes back. If you'd add some stronger shadows on those as well as her flowers, you could move the image into a bit of a more desolate, 'starving for light' mood by accentuating the difference between light and dark. Otherwise, you could also make her jaw lighter, making it more hopeful. The same for the hand; it's a bit in-between dark and light right now, chosing could make the image stronger - even though it's got a nice soft feeling to it currently, which would be a shame to loose.

Other than that, you've got a lovely sense of composition and style - it actually shows a beautiful woman in glooming glory. Your technique is very good too... I quite love it.

Old 07 July 2006   #26
Masterful work Marta, thanks for sharing with us all.

Old 07 July 2006   #27
Hmmm this girl looks like "overpainting" photo . It truth?

Old 07 July 2006   #28
colour-monkey: THank you so very much for your kind words

Ishtar: Thanks!

ronaldomonteiro: thank you =)

Elanorth: thanks =)

Abyssis: Thanks a lot

Cerebr4l: Thank you

prince-des: Thanks!

TOLEDO: Thank you for the comment as well as the crits I will try to incorporate those in my next work.

elnady: thank you =)

slickgreekgeo: Thanks a lot George I know about the flowers.. My patience broke at that point though ;(

JeroenStout: Thank you very much for your indepth comment. I think you are right about the shadows, I think I will fix them later on. Thanks!

niva: Thank you very much

Azakiel: No, it's not. It's painted and you will be able, as stated, see the full progress in Art Scene International.

Old 07 July 2006   #29
Very nice image! I did find one thing that bothers me, that no one seemed to catch...in the closeup of her right hand, the thumb looks way out of proportion to the fingers, it looks too long, almost as long as her pointer finger. It just strikes me as odd is all.....

Old 07 July 2006   #30
I love this beautiful painting. I think I already commented on this paitning on GFX, but I just wanted to say that I don't believe a painter of your calibur would do anything like a "paint-over." And I don't want to offend anyone, but for those who keep insisting that your painting is a paint-over, or part paint-over, green is not your best colour.

Thread Closed share thread